Nikobus v2

hello @crnjan,

Then locate two buttons that turn your light (output 8) to ON and OFF and link those two button’s channels to items:

All my wall buttons are single pushbuttons to switch the lights ON or OFF since the led in the button reflects the status if the light is ON or OFF.
Can i anticipate on this to match your example? Or should i change my setup or …

Same principle applies:

• gBasement_HomeOffice_PushButton_Light_Toggle - is linked to button channel of your Nikobus push-button thing that has the same address as your Nikobus physical button used to turn channel-8 ON and OFF and
  • gBasement_HomeOffice_Light_Ceiling_Powered - is linked to channel-8 of your switch module, which above button control.

A bit modified yaml:

component: f7-card
config:
  title: Home Office Light
slots:
  default:
    - component: f7-card-content
      slots:
        default:
          - component: f7-row
            config:
              class:
                - justify-content-center
                - align-items-center
                - padding-bottom
            slots:
              default:
                - component: f7-icon
                  config:
                    f7: lightbulb
                    class:
                      - padding-right-half
                - component: Label
                  config:
                    text: =items.gBasement_HomeOffice_Light_Ceiling_Powered.state
          - component: oh-button
            config:
              outline: true
              text: Toggle
              action: command
              actionCommand: ON
              actionItem: gBasement_HomeOffice_PushButton_Light_Toggle

renders as

and tapping “Toggle” should turn your light on and off.

Can anyone post an example for rollershutter impacted modules for a push-button? I’m doing something wrong but I can’t find it…

I have one button in nikobus for all up and all down but everything I enter gives anbetror on UUID

Something like this:

Well that seemed logic to me too… But it does’nt take the identifier? For the other switches/dimmers I have no issues…

Thing rollershutter

UID: nikobus:rollershutter-module:2f0a674788
label: Nikobus Rollershutter Module
thingTypeUID: nikobus:rollershutter-module
configuration:
address: EE60
bridgeUID: nikobus:pc-link:ead36cb534

Thing pushbutton

UID: nikobus:push-button:ead36cb534:1028F2
label: Nikobus Push Button 13C502:1 BP7_C_1
thingTypeUID: nikobus:push-button
configuration:
impactedModules: rollershutter-module:2f0a674788:1
address: 1028F2
bridgeUID: nikobus:pc-link:ead36cb534

Looking at UID: nikobus:rollershutter-module:2f0a674788 there seems to be missing bridge id in the UID - compare with UID: nikobus:push-button:ead36cb534:1028F2 - so no ead36cb534. I would expect something like

nikobus:rollershutter-module:ead36cb534:2f0a674788

I can reproduce the same if I create a new thing (i.e. rollershutter module) and select bridge after thing is created. Can you please try removing the rollershutter module and create it again, just make sure to select the bridge before creating the thing and let me know how it goes?

That was indeed the catch. Thx for the quick reply.

I had that on one module before and then I found it, but I guess I must be overlooking. The config for OH3 is sometimes overwhelming but a big leap forward compared to OH2.3 where I come from.

@bdv - does it work now? Did you try out the rollershutter position approximation?

Hello
I have Nikobus installation in my house since 2007
I’m playing with domotics such as esp8266, mqtt, and others stuff like pi, 1-wire… (domoticz on pi in the past) . Mainly for collecting data to grafana for charting

I don’t use OH for the moment , never installed it , total dummies

I’m interested to control some basic features of my Nikobus and this plugin for oh seems the only existing solution

My idea is to pose on/off some lights and control my sun blinds automatically via mqtt or http from an esp8266 that would send commands as I don’t want to configure oh for all my sensors and system

Is that easily possible with your plugin and default oh?

Many thanks

Thomas

It all works. Didn’t test the approximation yet. So many ideas, so many things to handle, so little time :slight_smile:

Yes. You can link Nikobus to MQTT commands through OH.

Just install OH on a rpi4.
All you want is possible with OH. Some learning curve, but once running it works flawlessly.
As far as I know is OH the only system that integrates Nikobus.

To be able to control Nikobus, be aware that you need a PC-Link or PC-Logic module

I’ve migrated to OpenHAB3 and Nikobus V2, everything is working fine but breaks after a restart of OpenHAB for Nikobus Button linked trigger.

Here is the Button / Trigger definition. Basically, I use one physical Nikobus button trigger to a rule that opens and another one that closes my Velux.

Button / Trigger definition

UID: nikobus:push-button:mypclink:9A93EE
label: BT_HF_Bedroom_Left_Velux_Open
configuration:
address: 9A93EE
bridgeUID: nikobus:pc-link:mypclink
channels:

• id: VeluxOpen
    channelTypeUID: nikobus:trigger-filter
    label: Velux Open
    description: “”
    configuration:
    command: PRESSED

Associated rule to open the Velux

triggers:

• id: “1”
    configuration:
    thingUID: nikobus:push-button:mypclink:9A93EE
    channelUID: nikobus:push-button:mypclink:9A93EE:VeluxOpen
    type: core.ChannelEventTrigger
    conditions: []
    actions:
  • inputs: {}
    id: “2”
    configuration:
    itemName: VeluxRollershutterStair_Position
    command: UP
    type: core.ItemCommandAction
  • inputs: {}
    id: “3”
    configuration:
    itemName: VeluxRollershutterCorridor_Position
    command: UP
    type: core.ItemCommandAction

If I redo the Button trigger after OpenHAB restart, everything works as expected. Restart OpenHAB breaks to button definition with HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Any guidance ? thanks !

Need to check what is going on, I guess the same happens if you do not have the rule, right?

I’ve check without the rules, same behavior of the trigger channel on the nikobus button. All fine and working until I restart openhab where I then get HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING

Can you try adding delay: 0 so your yaml will look something as below (copied your setup but bridge name is different in example below so please do not just copy+paste the whole yaml):

UID: nikobus:push-button:house:9A93EE
label: BT_HF_Bedroom_Left_Velux_Open
configuration:
  address: 9A93EE
bridgeUID: nikobus:pc-link:house
channels:
  - id: VeluxOpen
    channelTypeUID: nikobus:trigger-filter
    label: Velux Open
    description: ""
    configuration:
      command: PRESSED
      delay: 0

Thank you ! That’s resolved the issue. When you create the trigger in the UI the delay is displayed by default with “0” but it’s not reflected in the code unless you manually input the 0.

Hi
Today I added the pushbuttons and impacted modules. Rollershutter position approximation works fine! Just still with up=down and down=up.

I’ve got some problem to define a second Impaced module to a pushbutton even with the “;” as a seperator. Any tips?

Regards

As written in docs

Thing push-button <id> [ address = "<address>", impactedModules = "<moduleType>:<moduleId>:<channelGroup>, <moduleType>:<moduleId>:<channelGroup>, ..." ]

so please use comma (,).

Indeed, comma works.

Did you have a solution for changing the rollershutter direction? I read about

• different icons
  • code for shutterinverse
    But many topics are pre-3.0