Nikobus, what is required?

Well, my NAS is up all day anyway, why would I build a second system
that will consume power ?

For those who care: I managed to deploy my custom nikobus-binding-build on my raspi, turns out the command-queue is using a LinkedBlockingQueue, and after a while that queue or at least the thread that tries to take a new command from the queue, hangs completely. This causes the queue to grow, but commands on the queue will never be sent to the bus anymore… I am now running without the blocking ‘take’ and ‘poll’ functions, and this seems to be more stable (but less clean).

Do you want to share a compiled jar to help us test?

org.openhab.binding.nikobus-1.11.0.jar.pdf (40.6 KB)

drop the .pdf suffix, it is almost identical to the original, except for the blocking-take function.

You did a miracle! Running 24 hours no and nikobus binding still synced.
Thanks!
Would it be hard to convert the binding to a real openhab2 binding with things,…?
Unfortunately, I am not a programmer :frowning:

Actually, at my place it runs much more stable, but still stops working after many hours. I now think it was not really that fifo-queue (or not by itself) that is causing the problems, but also the step that actually puts the command onto the bus that hangs (at my setup, it keeps receiving commands, but stops sending commands after a while). So I am still working on it.
For the openhab2 binding: when I manage to get this working for a week at my place, and when I find some spare time, I will try to create a decent openhab2 binding.

1 Like

I cannot monitor or help much this week Stef.

Hi Stef, Hi Stefaan
Did one of you manage to start writing a OH2 binding for Nikobus?
Willem

Does it work on OH 2.2 or 2.3 ?

I ask because on mine, I can’t use the feedback format for items
Switch NB_RB_woonkamer_BP9_A {nikobus="#NDAACCF[A810-4]", autoupdate=“false”}

I have to remove the [A810-4] which is bad.

Seems I can get the status on the modules (to be verified 100%), but I did set the refresh for 15s, so takes about 90s to refresh my 3 modules. Not that bad, just that my “switches” never get the right icon because there

1 Like

@ReesinG Stef are you still working or planning on putting a OH2 binding in place. Let us know if we can support, I am not a programmer but have about every possible module in my house to test if needed.