No more openhabian-config

I can’t start sudo openhabian-config anymore. Have al look:

[cs@christoph-pc ~]$ ssh openhabianpi
openhabian@192.168.1.9's password: 
Linux openhabianpi 4.9.80-v7+ #1098 SMP Fri Mar 9 19:11:42 GMT 2018 armv7l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Mar 18 18:59:16 2018 from 192.168.1.3

###############################################################################
################# openhabianpi ################################################                                                         
##             Ip = 192.168.1.9
##        Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
##         Kernel = Linux 4.9.80-v7+                                                                                                    
##       Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2                                                                                      
##         Uptime = 0 day(s). 0:3:2
##      CPU Usage = 50 % avg over 4 cpu(s)  (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))
##       CPU Load = 1m: 2.83, 5m: 1.45, 15m: 0.59                                                                                       
##         Memory = Free: 0.51GB (54%), Used: 0.43GB (46%), Total: 0.95GB                                                               
##           Swap = Free: 0.09GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 0.09GB                                                               
##           Root = Free: 10.75GB (79%), Used: 2.80GB (21%), Total: 14.16GB                                                             
##        Updates = 0 apt updates available.                                                                                            
##       Sessions = 1 sessions
##      Processes = 150 running processes of 32768 maximum processes

Welcome to            __  _____    ____  _                                                                                
            ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )(_)___ _____                                                                      
           / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  / / __ `/ __ \                                                                     
          / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ / / /_/ / / / /                                                                     
          \____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/_/\__,_/_/ /_/                                                                      
              /_/                                                                                                                       
                  openHAB 2.2.0-1 (Release Build)                                                                                       

Looking for a place to get started? Check out 'sudo openhabian-config' and the                                                          
documentation at http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html                                                                   
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://openhabianpi:8080                                                                        
To interact with openHAB on the command line, execute: 'openhab-cli --help'                                                             

[19:17:01] openhabian@openhabianpi:~$ sudo openhabian-config
[sudo] password for openhabian: 
sudo: openhabian-config: command not found

Maybe the global path to /user/local/bin is missing.
Can you check if the openhabian-config is within /usr/local/bin?

if it is still there, type

echo $PATH

and check if the folder where openhabian-config ican be found is mentioned here: e.g.

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games

If the path is missing:
http://linuxwiki.de/PATH

If you cannot find openhabian-config, just type from the root level

find . -name "openhabian-config"

and check if it is somewhere on your system

Here ist the result.

[07:20:48] openhabian@openhabianpi:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games
[07:21:37] openhabian@openhabianpi:~$ find . -name "openhabian-config"
[07:21:44] openhabian@openhabianpi:~$ 

I also made a “sudo apt-get remove” and “sudo apt-get install openhab2”. Nothing changed.

Hi there,

having the same issue.
PATH is okay, openhabian-config in Place under /usr/local/bin

UPDATE: openhabian-setup.sh was empty, downloaded a version from github.
Error: /usr/bin/env: “bash\r”: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

Did you find a Solution?

Regards,
Patrick

Please see https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/issues/551

Hi there,

just to complete this:

I solved the reported error

Error: /usr/bin/env: “bash\r”: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden.

by opening the config-file with notepad++ and changing the line endings to \n - file transfer via ssh using FileZilla.
(Of course there are other ways to solve this directly in linux…)

Thanks & Regards
Patrick

missing openhabian-config file.

I am running Openhabian.
pi@StanPi:/usr/local $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“8”
VERSION=“8 (jessie)”
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/
SUPPORT_URL=“RaspbianForums - Raspbian
BUG_REPORT_URL=“RaspbianBugs - Raspbian

I was successful in running sudo apt-get upgrade to Openhab 2.5.12

I then attempted to start the upgrade to Openhab 3 with:
pi@StanPi:/usr/local $ sudo openhabian-config
sudo: openhabian-config: command not found

I checked the /usr/local/bin and it is empty.

pi@StanPi:/usr/local $ sudo find / -name openhabian-config
pi@StanPi:/usr/local $

What am I missing?

openhabian-config is just a link to /opt/openhabian/openhabian-setup.sh` so you can link there or call that again.

That you run an ancient basis OS version (jessie) which is no longer supported in openHABian.
Upgrade to buster or reinstall.

Oh and you “successfully” revived a 2yr old thread.

Thanks for pointing out the OS.

I upgraded to Stretch, installed JSK and JDK 11

Upgraded to Openhab 3.01, almost everything is working again.

Just waiting for the GPIO interface.

Thanks,