No MyQ device found with index

I have been using openhab with the myQ binding for several months. Today, I started receiving “no myq device found with index” I truned tracing on, and I receive the following:

2019-10-18 14:33:25.123 [TRACE] [openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData] - Received MyQ JSON: {
“SecurityToken”: “”,
“ReturnCode”: “0”,
“ErrorMessage”: “please contact customer care, supportID: 10797842852085283665”,
“CorrelationId”: “”

I am not using my own appid in myq.cfg, and my user and password still work using the myq app on my iphone. Any suggestions?


Mines been working for a year or two… and its stopped with the openhab.log

2019-10-20 04:14:34.979 [WARN ] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - no MyQ device found with index: 0

I am seeing the same thing as well!
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2019-10-21 02:09:33.598 [DEBUG] [ ] - Method failed: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
2019-10-21 02:09:33.599 [DEBUG] [ ] - {
“SecurityToken”: “”,
“ReturnCode”: “0”,
“ErrorMessage”: “please contact customer care, supportID: 11038945480782540596”,
“CorrelationId”: “”


It looks like MyQ changed something. See the end of this thread where # scooter_seh (the author of the binding) says he will look at it.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ll sit tight and let people smarter than I do what they do.

Is there any sight to the fix? Be keen to control from openhab again.

Thanks :slight_smile:

Scott H says he has a 1.14 binding that works. See the end of the thread I posted earlier.

scooter_sehScott H.


I created a new 1.14 binding that works(I hope). I switched to the v5 API to maybe fix some of the issues people were having with the v5.1. It still throws an exception every time you send a command but it does work. I think its something with the return value. I also spent the weekend working on a 2.5 binding which I hope to have ready soon. Thank you for the patience.


Google Drive file.


I just tried it and get the same error. However I don’t know much else to do with the jar file except to place it in the same place as the 1.13.0 jar file under a 1.14.0 directory instead of the 1.13 and then restart habmin. I renamed the 1.13.0 directory as a precaution.

I’m trying to get things cleaned up before upgrading from 2.2 to the latest version, although it doesn’t look like there’s a new official binding available.

Has anyone had any luck with this? I’d really like to be able to get a notification if the garage doors are opened when I’m away.

2.2 is pretty old. You should upgrade when possible.

The jar file should be placed in /usr/share/openhab2/addons/. Also you need to change from index to the garage door serial number. You can get the serial number in the MyQ application (Android). This information should be in the link in the previous message.

When you upgrade to 2.5 the mechanism will be totally different. You would manually add a thing through the UI instead of using myq.conf file.

1 Like

Hi @yfaway ,

I’ve been waiting to install the MyQ binding because of the posting on Nov 19th from @cbaxter.

Is the 2.5 binding working with Chamberlin’s API completely now?

Best, Jay

I just configured it yesterday. It works fine. You do have to add the thing from Paper UI. Then bind your items to the channels, as usual. Oh the 2.5 Chamberlain MyQ binding is not yet part of the OH 2.5 distribution. You have to download Scott’s jar from the link in the post above.

1 Like

Thank you. Up and running now. Door status is no longer null. I had to remove the old binding and from the comments on that other thread deleted the cache and tmp files. After restarting it looks good as new.

2.5 is on the list, along with moving from the Pi 2 to a Pi 3, but I’m on vacation soon and don’t want to break it before I leave.


The 1.x binding no longer works, you must switch to the 2.5 binding linked above.

So I bit the bullet and went to 2.5. Most of it is working fine. I broke MyQ though. The MyQ thing says it’s online, but I have yet to get the control and status up on the sitemap. I tried changing the items without any luck. Is there somewhere you can point me to so that I can find out how to define them?

The example in the main thread uses a serial number, but I can’t reconcile that with having 2 garage doors on one controller. I can’t put the garage door name in the channel string because it contains spaces, which are considered illegal characters.


After you manually add a MyQ thing with your username and password, then in the paperui go to the inbox. Click the “+” button and select Chamberlain myq binding. It should Auto discover your garage door thing. After adding it you map your items to it’s channels or have the thing create new channels.

Got it. Thanks again Scott. I didn’t realize I had to add things twice. I kept looking at the MyQ thing and not finding much there. Now it makes sense to me. It looks like it’s all working again, although I will have to wait until I get home to know for sure.

This must have been a lot of work. Thank you for spending the time to make it work and share with us all, and help us get it going.