No SSH access. no webaccess, nothing, after fresh install

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 B+
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: v1.5
  • Issue of the topic: So, I installed/flashed openHABian fresh on several SDcards, several USB sticks for testing this issue. I have 4 RPi 3 B+, I tested this on several network switches, everytime the same issue: No access to ssh, no access to the openHAB dash.

I first used USB sticks for openHAB, thought the issue is there, but with SD cards (SanDisk, Samsung, Lexar, some others) the issue persist.

When I want to SSH in, I can type a username and password, but it doesn’t accept openhabian:openhabian or pi:raspberry. When I want to access the dashboard or any other service, via browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) I get the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and similar. I downloaded the image 10 times now on different computers, flashed it with Etcher, dd and other methods. No way to get openHABian up and running.

Any ideas?

Connect it to a monitor or TV and watch the startup logs on the display to see whats happening there, why it refuses connections…

You have the locale IP of server correct?

Did you try typing in the actuall server IP address e.g. 10.0.1.20:8080 ?

OpenHABian version 1.5 does not support OpenHAB 1.5.

1 Like

Nice catch.:+1: I didn’t even notice that in original post.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I just had a discussion with the OpenHABian developer over version confusion. He sees no issue and said OpenHABian does not even support OpenHAB 1.x.

That was my fault and my confusion. I just wrote the version from the OpenHABian distro. Its openHAB 2.5 than I think when its openHABian 1.5.

So yes, I have the IP (Can see it on my local DHCP server - another RPi with dnsmasq and set it a fixed ip.), I can get to the login prompt with kitty and on another Linux system, but neither do the standard raspian login nor the openhabian standardlogin work.

Another thing is, now I get the install page, and its stuck at updating since 2 hours now…

2019-11-18_12:58:13_GMT [openHABian] Updating repositories and upgrading installed packages…

Check to make sure the power supply that’s being used is good. Should be 5v 2.5A.

Well, it’s a 3A power supply. After a real nightmare tour I have it running. I don’t know what the problem was, but it runs now from an USB drive. Took just 14 hours to install. On a SanDisk USB 3.1 stick…weird

You may want to consider using a hard drive over a USB thumb drive. I have a 120g SSD drive in an enclosure that works really well. If interested see this post that has links to the enclosure used. [SOLVED] Issue restoring backup from RPI2 to RPI3 - #5 by H102