No temperature values shown in Homekit anymore

Hi, I just updated OH 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 and it seemed to work fine. But now I recognized, that the temperature values are not shown anymore in my homekit app. However, the humidity values from the same sensors are displayed as expected.
Works not:
Number Innentemperatur "Innentemperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (egWohnzimmer) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {mqtt="<[ mosquitto:tele/sonoff-std10/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Temperature)]" }

Works:
Number Innenfeuchte "Innenfeuchte [%.1f %%]" <humidity> (egWohnzimmer) [ "CurrentHumidity" ] {mqtt="<[ mosquitto:tele/sonoff-std10/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Humidity)]" }
Were there any changes regarding homekit in the 2.5.5? Thanks Jesco

1 Like

Hi Jesco,

please use “TemperatureSensor” instead of “CurrentTemperature”, i.e.

Number Innentemperatur "Innentemperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (egWohnzimmer) [ "TemperatureSensor" ] {mqtt="<[ mosquitto:tele/sonoff-std10/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME280.Temperature)]" }

background:
we had a major change in the HomeKit implementation. We switched to a newer version of the HomeKit library with the result that we now support more accessories and more accessory characteristics (see https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/homekit/). But it was also necessary to rename some tags to align more with Apple specification.

we tried to be as much as possible backwards compatible but it was not that easy for CurrentTemperature as it is actually name of characteristic and not of an accessory. There are several accessories that have “CurrentTemperature” as characteristic, e.g. Thermostat, TemperaturSensor, so that we need accessory type.

1 Like

Thank you, Eugen! It`s all back in the business. Jesco

1 Like