No Update of netatmo items

sorry, my fault. wrong link.
someone complain last week about netatmo servers and he linked this to the API’s change:
https://forum.netatmo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14936&start=30

PS: Dim (Angelo) a few post before said same thing. Sorry again.

1 Like

After quite 2 days of good working order, today I had to restart the binding 8 times :disappointed_relieved:

What I mean, this is non an OH Binding issue
I think are Netatmo’s weather servers fault

I have also two Netatmo thermostats and they working very well

1 Like

It is truly a Netatmo issue, still restarting the binding works for a while. It would be wonderful if OH could easily autorestart bindings in these cases.
Failure detection is easily done with the rule I have posted above, I am missing just the autorestart, then we could run through with no sorrows.

You can add to your rule a step to restart the bundle using a console command (check the forum for examples, there are some)

If I am not wrong: The binding code already tries to re-connect in case of remote failure but I would expect that it gives up after some number of retries (otherwise you would have a spam of retries).

The latest (03/Dec) report from Netarmo forums is that their downtime was more than 3 hours: Source

Even if you make a rule that restarts the bundle you don’t really want to do this continuously over a 3 hours period…

Netamo updates fine here every 10 minutes. There has been a few hickups lately from Netamo and their server. And a few days ago I totally lost all communication to my weather station and module. It turned out to be a new firmware update for the weather station, which for some reason locked the whole system up. After installing that firmware, it has been running fine again.
I use openhab 2.3 stable.

Wich firmware do you have now installed (outdoor- and indoor module)?

Indoor (station) 137
Outdoor module 46

Thanks! I obviously missed some updates. Indoor is 134, outdoor 46 also. But I had no trouble the last days. Perhaps someone (e.g. @deladus) with persisting problems could check his firmware?

I believe the weather station should update itself. I have had this station for 1½ year now, and have never done any firmware update manually.
But, as mentioned, a few days ago, I suddenly had to because I lost all communication with the station. When I re-installed the station, it did pop up with a message about a new firmware. After installing that firmware, things has been working just fine again.

I know, but I have to double check, if my pihole (wich is younger than my Netatmo weather stuff) isn’t blocking the update server. So maybe some of the reported problems are related to firmware 135 or 136 (if they exist at all) and are not necessary binding-related.

Edit: Or are related to how the updates are rolled out:

1 Like

it now works fine here for 2 days. It did not work for a few weeks. I restarted multiple times the binding and then it worked one time.
Restarting in the sense, I added an empty line in the netatmo.things
One days ago I restarted it , and now it keeps working, already +24 hours …

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. Netatmo binding stops delivering values every few days. I am absolutely sure that this problem is not related to Netatmo cloud issues as I am running another pi which directly connects Netatmo API in order to dump all values into a Maria DB every 10 minutes. There are no gaps showing up in the tables. See my grafana image based upon my database

What version of the openhab/netatmo binding do you use?

Both versions are 2.3.0

In 2.4 I see that there were updates made to avoid NUll Pointer Exceptions (NPE)

Might fix your problem.

y

Do you mean oH update to 2.4, or only an update from the Netatmo Binding to 2.4 ? (and how can i update the/a binding?)

I don’t think you can update a binding to an bigger version then the OH itself
(I would not advice that, it’s never a good idea to have subsystems run on higher versions then the core system)

My Netatmo binding seems more stable since 2.4. I haven’t checked what, if any, changes were made.

1 Like