No XML file created for new device

No problem :slight_smile: really no problem, just wanted to make sure this is the right log :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,
Br,
Raymond

@chris,

Hi, i started from scratch, i did a hard-reset of the controller and i did reset the Remotec Z-URC 550EU.
Here is the log of it:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24262827/
As you can see in HABmin i started several inclusion events followed by setting the remote (as per manual) in either “8363” or “8364” mode (started with 8363)
but still there is no xml-file generated.
This is the manual of the remote:
8332_manual.pdf (759.1 KB)

After this i tried with just setting the remote in listening mode (8364) this is the log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24262882/
Still no luck though :slight_frown:

Hope the log helps to solve the problem

thanks as always

br,
Raymond

Thanks - I’ve just had a quick look but it does look like it should be useful. I’ll try and take a look tomorrow

Thank!
In the meantime i did another hard-reset to the controller, set the controller as SUC and included a HSM100 sensor, to hopefully be of further assistance, this is the log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24266526/
The sensor doesn’t show up in my inbox.
br,
Raymond

Thanks - the HSM100 has other issues

Also, can you put the files elsewhere in future - feel free to open a ticket on my website if you like, or pastebin. The ubuntu site wants me to register to download the files which I’m not so keen on and cutting and pasting large files has other issues.

Ok thanks! will do
I am adding my devices with network inclusion and for some of my main-powered devices, there is also no xml-file generated.
My initial network was build using LMCE (which uses open-zwave) back when i started with openhab, i just put the Stick in my openhab server and let it recognize that network.
And for all mains-powered devices a xml-file was build.
Now i am trying to build a new network using Openhab, network inclusion, with the Stick set as SUC and i get the above described behaviour.
I am a bit puzzled

I want to help and try what i can, if there is anything i can do or if i am doing something wrong, pls let me know
thanks

br,
Raymond

You shouldn’t need to include the devices again if they are already included.

Most devices should work fine - of course it’s always possible that some devices have problems - we have to deal with device bugs and we do so in a similar way to ozw. I would think it’s very strange if you have a lot to f different devices and none of them are generating an XML file since it works for most people. Are you sure you’re looking in the right place for the files? Some packages move the locations of the folders so maybe they aren’t where you are looking? (Just a thought if no XML files are being found).

If it’s just a few devices then we need to identify them and find out what is blocking them from companies letting the initialisation. Logs are the way to do this.

The problem with node 2 is it is not reporting the WAKEUP command class in its NIF (which is should, so this is non-compliant to zwave). It then sends a message for this command class, so the binding says “ah - it supports wakeup” - so it adds this class. Then during initialisation we request the supported version, and the device returns a message stating that it doesn’t support the wakeup class, so the binding removes it again and it gets stuck in this loop.

I will need to give this some more thought as to how to handle this behaviour.

Its just a few devices, for instance i have a few duwi/popp blind controls and just for one there is a xml-file created. So i suppose i am looking in the right directory.
Maybe there is a difference in added the devices through network inclusion and using a inclusion remote (Remotec Z-URC-550EU)?

Thank you very much for finding this!

br,
Raymond

Just curious if you had any bright ideas about the above :wink:
thanks, br,
Raymond

I have some ideas, some of them even are bright ones ;). However I’v not done anything as yet. I’ll try and take a look at this next week when I get some more time.

Actually, please raise this as an issue on github so I can track it. Just past the above text from my explanation and reference this discussion.

Thanks.

done!

thanks up front, br,

Raymond

@RayBe @chris
I was able to get an XML file from the remote and I’ve added the device to the Z-Wave Device Database. It is waiting for approval and should work with the next Z-Wave binding snapshot. I’m using OH 3.1 and Z-Wave binding 3.2.0.202110140348.

1 Like

Now running OH 3.1 and Z-Wave binding 3.2.0.202110200348:

My Z-URC 550EU works like a charm. I’ve updated the usage instructions in the Z-Wave database:

Set the remote to Listening mode (press Conf+Remove for 3 seconds, then enter 8364, see manual p. 9) and tell your application to send the associations to the remote (for OH 3.1: click ‘Save (Ctrl-S)’ on the Thing Configuration page).

The remote supports 16 “scenes” (i.e., lists of Z-Wave devices associated to buttons #1-#16). In addition, it has an “All on” and an “All off” button, which can be used to control devices that support the COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL.

1 Like