NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.Command not found by org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: 2.5.x
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
    • Rules code related to the issue
    • Services configuration related to the issue
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

When I try to install bluez binding and when thing INITIALIZING I got this error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.Command not found by org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez [190]
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy121.(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:739) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.SafeCallerBuilderImpl.lambda$0(SafeCallerBuilderImpl.java:68) ~[?:?]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.SafeCallerBuilderImpl.build(SafeCallerBuilderImpl.java:59) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.doInitializeHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:769) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.initializeHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:671) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.registerAndInitializeHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:1073) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.thingAdded(ThingManagerImpl.java:457) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyTrackers(ThingRegistryImpl.java:209) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutAddedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:129) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutAddedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.added(AbstractRegistry.java:154) ~[?:?]

Welcome.

What Java version and what version of OH 2.5 ?

Java 8 must be used.

openHAB 2.5 includes refactoring removing org.eclipse.smarthome references.
Maybe this extension missed some refactoring to match?

Have you installed the basic Bluetooth binding for this extension?

1 Like

I’m using java 8 and OH 2.5.4

yes I installed Bluetooth binding