Non persistent chart of last 30 minutes

Hello,

I’m quite new to Openhab, but i made already a nice overview in BasicUI.
I have Node Red as a rule engine on a seperate RPI. There i used the dashboard but i prefer to switch completely to OpenHab.
Now, i want to add a small chart, of the last 30 minutes, refreshed every 30 seconds.

When i read about chart, i see you need persistence. This is not what i want… First, the SD card will wear out, but also i don’t need historical data. When the RPI would restart, i don’t care i loose the values. (It’s just for having an impression that a control is doing well)
Does something like this exists? (or can i link to the chart in NodeRed?)

already thanks!

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPI
  • Rule Engine: Node Red on seperate RPI.

That’s what you need or how would openHAB “remember” the last 1/2 hour?

No

You can try creating a webview sitemap element pointing to the chart

I thought something of remembering it inside the chart; ‘in the work memory’ of openhab.

OK

Thanks, i’ll try this.

Both Apache Derby and H2 can be run as in memory databases. Both are supported by the jdbc persistence service. However I don’t know if it actually will work or how you should configure it. But theoretically it should be possible.

Why not use a database that is able to store exactly the data need. Rrd4j can be configured to save data in minute steps for the last 30 minutes, it will never grow.

1 Like

does somebody use Apache Derby or H2 as in memory database with openhab or know how to configure ? I have a similar use case lik @KoenH

Thanks in advance Lars