can someone explain to me the way the items work?
I don’t understand what the following Items are there for:
- Binary Sensor
- Motion Alarm
- Alarm General
- Seismic Intensity and Tamper Alarm
are they neccessary to measure Motion Detection and vibrations?
I think you might have some nomenclature mixed up.
Items are defined and documented here: https://docs.openhab.org/configuration/items.html
What you appear to be describing are the Channels on the Motion Sensor. I don’t use these devices but I suspect that:
- Binary Sensor not sure, check the manual
- Motion Alarm will trigger when there is motion detected
- Alarm General not sure, check the manual
- Seismic Intensity and Tamper Alarm will trigger when the device itself is moved
These should all be described in the manual.