Nortek HUSBZB-1 Drops connection?

Hey Guys,

So this is my first post. I am new to openhab. I come from a smarthings hub. Have been setting up my openhab system for a few months now and now Im running into an issue and could use some guidance.

Coming from Smarthings i had a few zigbee bulbs. I researched and bought the HUSBZB-1 Nortek USB stick. Got it up and running and everything was fine. But then after a few days the bulbs stop responding. I have other stuff running on my openhab setup and those keep working but my the zigbee bulbs dont’t work. So i reboot my openhab system which is running on a pi and they work again for two days then signal drops again. so i reboot system and again they work for a few days then stop, and so on and so on. So my question is.

Is the stick defective? Am i missing something? is this a known issue? I feel like i might be making a noob mistake just cant figure it out. Any help would be mush appreciated.

Nope, I don’t think you are making a noob mistake, something is buggered. I have the same stick I think and once up and running, it not be typical for it to be the source of the problem. Gut instinct for me guess is the bulbs. What brand? Zigbee is a ‘loose’ protocol and some brands are not fully compliant. Also, I have stated my feeling about the quality of the brand you mentioned coming from, search that brand on this forum, you’ll get the idea.
So… once the big dogs roll in here, they are going to tell you to set your zigbee logs to debug and try to capture the issue in the logs. Here is a link to the documentation for the binding where you wil find help setting the logs to debug

Welcome to the OpenHAB community.!!!