Nortek HUSBZB w/Windows

Caution to anyone running a successful install using Windows and HUSBZB. I did a Windows update…my bad…never again, and it broke the serial port driver for the HUSBZB device. I tried to get it back working but ended up having to roll back the Windows Update.

Let me know if anyone else has found a solution through this.

Terry

Did you try reinstalling the driver?

What version of Windows 10? I believe I had my test stick working on Windows 10 Home at one time.

I have had it running on Windows 10 for about 2 years now…there was just a Windows Update that I allowed to be applied two days ago and the HUSBZB drivers no longer work with this Windows Update. Thankfully, I was able to Rollback the update. I’ll have to setup a better test machine and experiment a bit to see if I can find a solution and I’ll have to check on the the Windows Build Version that didn’t work when I get back home tonight.

Windows 10 Home or Professional? Here is my work laptop, Windows 10 Enterprise

In File Explorer, right-click on tour PC and choose Properties

Look under Windows Edition

It’s Windows 10 Home Edition.

Windows 10 Version 1909 has been running successfully for a long time, but when I tried to do a Windows Update to Version 20H2, the serial driver broke. I didn’t spend much time diagnosing because this is my production system, I need to set up a better sandbox to play in.

Were you using the “Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge” Driver?

I did use the SiLabs driver. It may behave differently depending on the Edition of Windows. My home laptop is running the Home edition but I previously used the driver on the Professional edition.

I have not yet upgraded my laptop to 20H2 so I may give it a try.

EDIT: I set up the device under Windows and used PC Controller software to remove Zombie Nodes.

I upgraded my Windows home to 20H2 and the drivers still function as expected. Here is the new screen showing Windows Edition.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.