Not able to access dashboards via url 192.168.xxx.xx:8080

Dear all

After uprading to OH3 I cannot access PaperUI (new mainUI) or anything via my browser. Login via Putty works… my iOS app also does not work anymore.

Anybody has an idea what is wrong here? (system runs on a raspberry with openhabian)

Please check if you have java 11 ( zulu ) installed.

java -version

If not please install it.

What is the output of

sudo systemctl status openhab

Dear Wolfgang

Thank you very much for your swift reply. that is what I get:

openhabian@openhab:~ $ java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_275”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.50.51.263-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_2 75-b01)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.50.51.263-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.275-b01, mixed mode)

openhab.service - openHAB - empowering the smart home
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2021-01-24 19:39:35 CET; 1h 2min ago
Docs: Introduction | openHAB
https://community.openhab.org
Main PID: 758 (java)
Tasks: 28 (limit: 2182)
CGroup: /system.slice/openhab.service
└─758 /usr/bin/java -XX:-UsePerfData -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab -Dopenhab.logdir

Jan 24 19:39:35 openhab systemd[1]: Started openHAB - empowering the smart home.

Does that make sense?

Der Wolfgang

sorry fror silly question, which one of the Java 11 do I have to install 32 bit or 64 bit. I run on a raspberry pi

ok I installed the 32 bit version…

Now at least I get a message on the browser:

`## HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /. Reason:

Not Found

Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.20.v20190813
`

…but I can still not access the dashboards.

Do you have any idea? It would be highly appreciated

FWIW, this sounds similar to my issue. I didn’t upgrade as my OH2 laptop bricked - just fresh install. I can log in, but nothing after that.

32bit java version is a good choice.
Do you still get the error message ?
Is there any error message in /var/log/openhab/openhab.log ?

Hi Wolfgang

Sorry, having bothered the community with such a silly thing, i should have read the release note…it was the first bullet, i.e. Java 11. I can access via http, so this one works as expected.
Thank you that you still have taken the time to answer to an ignorant…:wink:

On the other hand i have to say that i have quite some issues to get all bindings to work again… some of the issues were related with 1.x bindings, these i could resolve. However the migration of mysql to jdbc is really painful. I have not succeeded to get it work so so far…i keep trying

1 Like

Hi Wolfgang

By the time quite a lot works on OH3. What I tried to do now, is to restore my data from OH 2.5 with the openhab-cli backup/restore function, main motivation is to restore the persisted values, which were lost after upgrading to OH3. When doing this, again I cannot reach web-interfaces and the app on the iphone.

Do you have any idea how I could to work this again?

Many thanks for any help

Start with checking the system status

and have a look to the log file ( /var/log/openhab/openhab.log ). Because of the backkup you restored check if new content of logs is written to /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log
As you used a backup from OH2 I think you need to check for directories and content that was used before the migration to OH3. Content from OH2 backup needs to be migrated to OH3 again.