Notifications for Fire TV

Hi, the Notifications for Fire TV (SmarthomeJ) Binding is not working for me.

I assume, that i set up everything correctly. The thing is online and using the Android App “Notifications for Fire TV” i can send notifications to my fire tv without any problem.

Trying openHAB, it is not working at all. When executing the rule, the thing turns offline and online all the time.

rule "Test"
when
    //something happens
then
    val notificationsForFireTVActions = getActions("notificationsforfiretv","notificationsforfiretv:notification:b385c5f0f9")
    var boolean success = notificationsForFireTVActions.sendNotification("This is the notification content.", "/etc/openhab/icons/classic/motionsensor.png")
end

log:

Thing 'notificationsforfiretv:notification:b385c5f0f9' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to server: 400
Thing 'notificationsforfiretv:notification:b385c5f0f9' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to server: 400 to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): fixed content-length: 123, bytes received: 0
Thing 'notificationsforfiretv:notification:b385c5f0f9' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): fixed content-length: 123, bytes received: 0 to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to server: 400
Thing 'notificationsforfiretv:notification:b385c5f0f9' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to server: 400 to ONLINE

The Fire TV is not showing any notification. I don’t know whats wrong. According to the official docs, it should work: Notifications for Fire TV Binding

You might need to post an issue here Issues · smarthomej/addons · GitHub

@J-N-K

See here for a new binding in the marketplace that can talk to Notifications for Fire TV and also TvOverlay and also looking at other methods as well.