NX1000 Scene Controller Thing Z-Wave Binding

• Platform information: Linux
    • Hardware: x64/8GB/64GB storage
    • openHAB version: 2.5.8
  • Issue of the topic:

I’ve just acquired a Nexia Z-Wave NX1000 scene controller, I was able to pair the device but Open have shows it as “Device Unknown”, in this case, there’s no channel created… anything.

So it has 15 customizable buttons (Labels show on a small LCD screen) distributed in 3 page of 5 buttons each…,

I’m a noob and to be honest it seems to be a really good scene controller, is someone out there that already created such device or someone that can help me to create a device (thing) file for it?

this is how it appears inside the Papper UI Things Tab:

Z-Wave Node 015 (0178:5343:4735:1.0)

really appreciate your help and support!

Thanks

Welcome to OH…

You don’t need to create a “thing file” as such - what needs to happen is to create the database entry in the online database. A large chunk of this is done automatically by uploading an XML file that is auto generated by the OH binding.

The database guide is [here](https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-
database/zwave-device-database-guide). I’d suggest to take a look at this, but feel free to come back here and ask any questions that you will likely have and we’ll do our best to help you through.

1 Like

Thanks fot all your help Cris! I’ve already created the entry and filled up all the required data, but I have the following issue that I’m not able to resolve:

• thingid is > 15 characters - is this really necessary - it should just be the model number.

This is the URL, do you have any idea how to fix it, I haven’t been able to find the field to update it.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1286#endpoints

Ticket Id: DTZ7KmvNfYQ has been created.

Also I think I made a mess adding the “Scene Activation” command class, so can you please help me also deleting such command?

Thanks!
Armando

Hi Armando,
I have fixed these issues now so this should be good to go…

Chris

WOW! What a good Service Chris! thanks I’ve just submitted to review.

once the process is finished, what are the next steps?

Really appreciate your support and passion on the platform!
BR
Armando

1 Like

Once you’re happy that it looks ok, then press the “request review” button (or whatever it’s called). We’ll take a look and release it - you’ll then need to use the latest snapshot binding once the binding is updated.

1 Like

Hi Cris! hope youre fine! I’ve already added the device and received 2 add-on updates on the openhab2 server, but the device still showed as “unknown”… already exclude it and include into the Z-Wave netwrok without any different results, do you know why this can be still happening?

This is the device that I’ve created on the DB site:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1286

Also seems that I have an old zwave binding file, do you know when the newest binding will be released officially?

openhab> list -s | grep zwave
255 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.8.202008142315 │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Thanks in advance!
BR
Armnado

I believe there should be a new OpenHAB release within the week. Looking at that device the update may or may not make it.

The database is in the process of moving to a new server. If the export from there is accurate it may make it into the release. Otherwise a subsequent snapshot would have it. When moving to the new server the export script needed to be rewritten.

Hi @Bruce_Osborne and @chris,

I still have no luck :frowning:, even though that I already have the binding updated, I still see the device as Unknown, do you might have an idea on why this is still happening? I’ve already unpaired and paired the device to validate without luck.

Current BInding version:

openhab> list -s | grep zwave
255 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.9.202008240335 │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Really appreciate your help!
Thanks
Armando

Apologies. From a quick look it seems it didn’t make it into 2.5.8. I’ll try and get an update from the new database over the weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks Will try again on the weekend!

Have a nice day Cris!

1 Like

Please note that the database has moved so any further changes need to be made at the new site -:

I note that somehow you managed to edit the old database this morning, but changes need to be made at the new site only.

2 Likes

Great will do!

BR

1 Like