Obviously simple task: textbox to display item (string) with more than approximately 56 characters on the sitemap. But how?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: raspberry pi 3 b
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0 (Build) stable

Hello,
on my sitemap I would like to display an item (string) with more than approx. 56 characters. The string is an item of the logreader binding. On the sitemap only a part of the string is shown, but I want to show the whole text.

It does not seem to be a highly complex thing for me, but unfortunately I do not know how to solve the matter …

Full String (Error Message) to display on the sitemap:

2019-01-06 10:07:00.449 [ERROR] [.commandclass.ZWaveMeterCommandClass] - NODE 2: Meter Report: Buffer too short: length=3, required=4

items:

Number   logreaderErrors            "Error events matched [%d]"                     <alarm> { channel="logreader:reader:openhablog:errorEvents" }
String   logreaderLastError         "Last error [%s]"                                       { channel="logreader:reader:openhablog:lastErrorEvent" }
Number   logreaderWarnings          "Warning events matched [%d]"                   <alarm> { channel="logreader:reader:openhablog:warningEvents" }
String   logreaderLastWarning       "Last warning [%s]"                                     { channel="logreader:reader:openhablog:lastWarningEvent" }

sitemap:

Frame label="openHAB Log Reader" {
		Text item=logreaderErrors
		Text item=logreaderLastError
		Text item=logreaderWarnings
		Text item=logreaderLastWarning
	}

For now there is no way to do this. Use HABpanel instead :frowning:

1 Like

Look!

what about using a Webview as a textbox?
E.g. Webview icon=line url=:8080/rest/items/logreaderLastError/state" height=10

2 Likes