Occupancy Management - how I do it

Its been running for quite a while now with no obvious issues from the changes you made!

Next steps?

I have a number of PRs lined up, but I have to admit that since I submitted the last PR I have not found any time whatsoever to work on OpenHAB. So next steps would be for me to explain and prepare the PRs one by one, but unfortunately I canā€™t commit to any timeline quite yet. I will get back to it as quickly as I can. Thank you for your help!

No rush - been very busy as well.

Hello, thanks for your work!
I have a very big unpleasant rule at the moment and would like to clean things up.
Iā€™m really desperate for an aio solution for occupancy and scene managementā€¦itā€™s quite a complex topic. The following are all things handled in my not so pretty rule.

Some questions:
is this still maintained for V3.0? Or are there any current area action and occupancy libraries?

There are settings for lightsonifdark. How is the darkness determined? Luminance sensors? Or location? I could not find any information in the documentation.

What would be the way to have lights set to different color temperature/brightness on different times of the day? Would I have to go through proxy items?

What would be the way for normal switches that activate different scenes? Set the scene and lock the area? Unlock them on switching off? How can I make sure it does not instantly turn on again through motion?

What would be the way for a night mode that disables all motion and turns off everything? Turning off and locking? (Night mode because of cat)

What is the usage of
BeginOccupiedTime, minutes
EndOccupiedTime, minutes
?

Hi, I have moved and modified the code to work with OH 3 using the semantic model for locations.

Daylight is determined using a simple switch that is user set. I can provide more detail.

Do you have Jython working in OH3?

Hey, thanks for your response!

At the moment I only have used rules DSL. I upgraded it from 2.5.
There a quite a lot of details and workarounds in it, e.g. if light turns on the color temperature is set a second later (Ikea lights donā€™t like both at the same time for some reason)ā€¦and my innr light strips are set to 0% before they are turned on otherwise they flash with 100% before turning on.

Iā€™m not quite sure if itā€™s worth the hassleā€¦but over the holidays I maybe want to clean things up.
Your solution seems so far the most advanced in openhab, Iā€™m sure there are a lot of interested V3 users.

At the moment each area uses itā€™s own luminance sensor (the hue motion sensor have one integrated), but Iā€™m not sure if it really makes a difference having a single switch for everythingā€¦ I mean if itā€™s dark outside, itā€™s dark.

I also do not have set up a topology/model? in openhab as everything slowly grew over 4 years.