Odd Group Behaviour

Your units confused me. :slight_smile:

The instantaneous power (W) will change frequently. The energy usage (kWh) will continuously grow until you reset the meter. It looks like you have switches hooked up to channels to reset them. My guess is that the one in your living room has been recently reset and the one in your kitchen has not been reset in a while. I doubt you will find much utility in graphing kWh… it would need to be over a long time period and it’s a pretty boring straight line with a slight incline. Time slices of kWh can be interesting… like comparing the energy usage each day or week or month.

It is kilowatt * hour, not kilowatt / hour. 55 kWh means 55 W over the course of an hour… or 110W over half an hour. It’s a quantity of energy.

Yes, Watts to change as the dimmer value increases.

kWh grows over time. Spot on - but what is happening is kWh is displaying in real time the sum of the Watt channels. it should just show me the energy consumed for both Dimmers since last reset.

I have a reset button that I can use to RESET the Num2 values (the usage)

Both items have been reset this morning.

All i wanted to occur was to have the kWH to show me how much energy the two dimmers have used - over time. The other two channels should just show real time usage. But the only thing thats working is the real time watt usage of each light.

Edit, found the issue. It was the linking in Habmin! Grrrrr :slight_smile:

Works now

1 Like