I´m not really sure how to explain this, but it´s working again this morning.
I´d split up my item file into several files.
I made 100% sure I only got one tag and it was 100% perfect.
I cleared cache and tmp.
I cleared all items using karaf console.
I rebooted several times.
I did NOT managed to get Google Home to connect even after several tries.
I then had an idea of installing the Homekit addon insted, since it uses the same tagging, (I have an iphone as well as android phone).
Homekit worked in first go, found openhab, connected and found this single items which had the [“Lighting”] tag. And it worked like a charm.
Then I added a tagging to a different item. But I couldn´t get Homekit to update. (I honestly don´t know how to, as I just use my iPhone for work, and nothing else. So I might have missed some options or something).
All of a sudden Homekit wouldn´t work any more. I tried remove it and add it again several times, but it just wouldn´t work.
I gave up.
Made a last reboot, and got off to bed.
When I got up this morning I thought I would give Google Home just a last try. And all of a sudden, Google Home connected and found two items without any problems.
And trust me, I have not changed anything while a sleep.
To be honeste, I think there is a need for this to be looked at in some way. This seems like it´s a kinda lottery with a random success, but mostly fails. And it´s way to difficult to dig into in case it´s not working.