Official Google Assistant Integration for openHAB

I can confirm this point. And with that, I have had no issues whatsoever when adding and/or exposing new items.

Google assistant os in beta teste in Brazil with portuguese.
I’d like to know If It needed by the myopenhab.org tô Make any change on the server side to It undrrstand portuguese?

I am trying to use the “Scene” types, but it is not working for me. I added switches as follows:

Switch    SCENE_GANG "Scene Gang" <video> (gScenes)   ["Scene"]     {expire="1s,state=OFF"}

However they do not appear in the google home app after a “sync devices”

Any advice?

1 Like

Thank you very much. I see them there indeed!

@MARZIMA : First of all: big thanx for the GA integration ! It works perfect for me :slight_smile:

Question: What is your opinion about using the new Eclipse Smart Home Ontology & Semantic Tags (link) and/or User-defined Synonyms (e.g. { synonyms="Master Bedroom,Parents' Room" }) to pre-populate information in Google Home?

Is this technically possible? (in the future of course with a Feature Request Issue on Github and the appropriate PR to implement it)

For example: I did some trials and connected my local OH2 to myopenhab.org and then “linked” OH with GH.
After all was working correctly, I cleaned up all configs and started again.
I had to re-add the discoved devices in rooms in GH manually (that’s normal).

Would it be possible to utilize the new tags/synonyms to pre-allocate in GH the devices into rooms? (assuming the Room names already exist in GH… in my case, the custom room names were existing in GH due to the first round of configuration)

I know… I am lazy and I am asking too much… just checking with you if this would be interesting to implement :slight_smile:)

Ps: Great info from @ysc here: HABot Walkthrough (2/n): Semantic Tagging & Item Resolving

3 Likes

I am still new to openHAB, currently in the planing phase.
One thing I don’t get is the Thermostat mode.
I am planning to use the AVM Fritz! DECT 301 Thermostats for my Heating Control via the AVM Fritz Binding.

So in the Item Config I would add the following for the Thermostats:

Group g_LR_Thermostat "Living Room Thermostat" [ "Thermostat", "Celsius" ]
Number:Temperature LR_CurrentTemp "Temp [%.1f %unit%]" (gTemp, g_LR_Thermostat) [ "Current Temperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:aaaaaabbbbbb:actual_temp" }
Number:Temperature LR_SetTemp "TempSet [%.1f %unit%]" (gTemp, g_LR_Thermostat) [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:aaaaaabbbbbb:set_temp" }

Now I still need to set the Modes. This is what I don’t get. Where can I do this?
The sample of the Binding Documentation includes something like that:

String LR_Mode "Radiator mode [%s]" (gTemp, g_LR_Thermostat) { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:aaaaaabbbbbb:radiator_mode" }

And the possible modes are ON/OFF/COMFORT/ECO/BOOST.

They define the Modes in the Sitemap:
Selection item=LR_Mode mappings=["ON"="ON", "OFF"="OFF", "COMFORT"="COMFORT", "ECO"="ECO", "BOOST"="BOOST"] icon="heating"

What would be an easy way to add those modes to the items since Google Assistant needs those?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

The binding doc includes examples. You can use the proper Item name in your sitemap selection.

For troubleshooting purposes: open up a new thread and link to the Announcement thread.

1 Like

I’ve added the thermostat items according to the docs, but I can’t figure out how to ask google for the CurrentTemperature? What’s the proper “voice syntax” ?
(The thermostat with the “currentTemperature” is displayed just fine in the google home app so I know it’s working)

Try with… “Whats the current temperature in… (room)” it depends on what you have in your item label as well, in which room you have set it up… So you got to show you items, if you need help.

Right right, my bad.

Number  TM_Fe_Stue_Vegg    "Temperatur Stua"   [ "CurrentTemperature" ]

Try, “Hey Google, whats the stua temperature” or “hey Google, whats the temperature stua”.
(notice the difference… That last one is 100% identical to your label).

Can’t get any combination of those words working, either get a “sorry, don’t know the answer of that” or a wikipedia lookup.

(NB: this is in norwegian with a norwegian google home)

Have you assigned the thermometer to a room in Assistant? For me (using swedish) it’s working when I ask “hur varmt är det i [rum]” where [rum] is the room name in google assistant. I haven’t got a google home though, just using my phone.

Got it working using “hvor varmt er det i rommet” (loosely translated in ENG: how hot is it in the/this room").
I’m having some trouble getting google home to understand room reference by name (“Stua”) when asking commands…

Google home/assistant in norwegian is pretty new so it probably has some learning to do…just the first couple of weeks seemed to have significant improvement on interpreting dialects. :smile:

Strange, its working with “how hot…”, Its not working in the danish version. I have to ask for the specific temperature…

Same in the danish version. I use manual call names setup in the Google Home app. That way I know it´s always working :slight_smile:

A thing I have noticed is that if you have the room name in the item label in openhab, assistant can get somewhat confused. It’s better to just call it “Temperatur” and then assign it to a room in assistant. Gets harder in openhab though when several items have the same label…

Otherwise swedish is just as new as danish and norwegian, so think all three needs to mature some more before assistant is truly useful.

#######EDIT##### Nevermind, seems it’s not a ghome binding related issue, so just ignore my post :expressionless:

Hi there,
i got a little Problem with the Google Home integration,
i got some WallPlugs in google Home / OpenHab - working
Some dimmers - also working
But i also got some RGB Lights, changin color works, but when i try to dim the colors, i got the following Log entry:

2018-12-03 16:12:53.400 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - RGB_AZ predicted to become 24

2018-12-03 16:12:53.432 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - RGB_AZ changed from 0,0,72 to 0,0,24

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-12-03 16:12:53.424 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.GenericThingHandler@17af632': Didn't recognise the color value 24

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Didn't recognise the color value 24

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.values.ColorValue.update(ColorValue.java:114) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.generic.ChannelState.setValue(ChannelState.java:272) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic.internal.handler.AbstractMQTTThingHandler.handleCommand(AbstractMQTTThingHandler.java:119) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor23.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201811281422]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201811281422]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy143.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [227:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mqtt.generic:0.10.0.201811281422]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201811281422]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201811281422]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201811281422]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201811281422]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Anyone knows what i need to do to dim the RGBs?

Thanks in advance

JeckyllHavok

Is it possible google assistant connection is down? Is anyone else experiening problems ?

its been working for me over the last few hours no problems at all.