Offline (Clean install 2.3 Windows.)

• Platform information:
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0.172 (32Bit)
    • openHAB version:

I was having trouble getting the update script to work with OH2.1 so decided to do a fresh install of the latest version 2.3 Stable.

The new install reports that it’s offline then the message disapers for a second or to then returns. The log has heaps of Java errors and I have no idea where to start.

My 2.1 install was working without these errors.

Any suggestions on a solution would be much appreciated.

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Asynchronous processing not supported on Servlet 2.x container.
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent$3.suspend(WebComponent.java:138) ~[167:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter.suspend(ResponseWriter.java:125) ~[?:?]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.writeResponse(ServerRuntime.java:775) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.processResponse(ServerRuntime.java:444) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.process(ServerRuntime.java:434) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(ServerRuntime.java:329) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:317) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java:305) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHandler.java:1154) ~[170:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:473) ~[167:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	... 31 more

did you copy over any files after the fresh install?

Try to re-install a clean version of OH2.3 stable and see if it comes up.

Then, slowly start adding stuff back from your old configs. Do not copy over userdata/tmp or userdata/cache directories from the older installation. Just stuff in conf and userdata/jsondb (and userdata/zwave if using it)

The only files I copied over are the sitemap and items files.
I’ll go for another install and see what happens.

Thanks

You should be using the 64-bit JDK. Only use the 32-bit when running on an ARM processor, like a Raspberry Pi.

Another cllean install seems to have sorted things out.
Only imported a basic sitemap and items and they’re working.

I’ve installed the MQTT binding and Network binding. the MQTT binding doesn’t appear in Bindings on the config tab in paper UI but it’s working so no biggie.

I’ll keep adding things and see how it goes.