[SOLVED] Offset profile not taking effect

Hello,

i’m in process of setting up openHAB to control parts of the floor heating system.
I have been able to set up the bindings for my thermal sensors to show the measured value in the panel so far.

But i ran into issues trying to compensate for a readout error on one of the sensors using the “offset” profile. While adding the offset-profile with offset value to the binding doesn’t create any error in the log files, the reported value stays the same and no offset is applied to the value.

I use the following item configuration:

Number   Corridor_Temperature       "Temperatur"       <temperature>      (Corridor, gTemperature)       ["Temperature"] { serial="/dev/ttyS0@9600,REGEX(aTHTMPA([0-9]{1,3}\\.[0-9]{1,3}))"[profile="offset", offset="10.0"]}

Am i missing something there or do i have to use the old way and create a proxy device and use a rule to calculate the corrected value for the proxy?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry 4B, 2GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_212”
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0
    • Binding: binding-serial1 - 1.13.0

Profiles do not work with legacy 1.x version bindings. Profiles are only available for channels.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that.
I guess there won’t be a 2.x serial binding anytime soon, so rules and proxies would be the best for now?

Correct

1 Like