OH 1.8.3 Thread terminated: unable to create new native thread

Anyone aware on this issue and the solution in this regards? Couldn’t find it anywhere…

After this error occurs, OH 1.8.3 does not work anymore and it needs re-start.

2016-07-23 13:22:10.763 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Thread terminated (ReceivingNotification) abruptly with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.760 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Thread terminated org.teleal.cling.registry.RemoteItems$3@1b8de6c abruptly with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.760 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Root cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.765 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Thread terminated org.teleal.cling.registry.RemoteItems$3@14741c6 abruptly with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.759 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Thread terminated org.teleal.cling.registry.RemoteItems$3@191f41f abruptly with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.758 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Thread terminated org.teleal.cling.registry.RemoteItems$3@139d5a5 abruptly with exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
2016-07-23 13:22:10.768 [WARN ] [efaultUpnpServiceConfiguration] - Root cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Are you running the sonos binding?
Then you may find some information here:

Are you running debian on an RPi?
Then you may find some information here:

Yes, I run Sonos - this, so far, was stable. I have the aboved issue only since a couple of days and it pops up randomly.

I am running Raspian, which as far i know is a Debian derivation.

Seems not that someone has a solution. Has anyone a great cron job which checks if OH still is running and if not restarts OH?

Your post has been online since only a day … not everyone is reading the forum every day.

If that is really the last solution, you could try to use monit:

In my opinion, the best solution is to not use the Sonos binding in 1.8.x. Just curious, do you have multiple Sonos devices or have you changed your network configuration recently (new router, wifi access point, etc.)? The binding works for some people. The binding worked for me until I bought a few more Sonos devices. Then it started crashing my server at least once a day.

Sonos worked in my openhab 1.8.3 very stable. I indeed did buy 2 new sonos devices, quite some time ago and I never added them to OH. The openhab.log tells this frequently (new devices found …). This never was a problem. I think independent of this my OH 1.8.3 started to get these issues. By the way, it seems there are issues with the Sonos binding. Do you know if this gets further developed / redeveloped?

This is a fantastic idea. I installed monit and it is amazing. I did not know it before, but it looks like i can do really amazing things to even automate my Rapi. Since i run Rapi in the required minimum, i obviously do not have a GUI. To solve that one: w3m is a very nice solution! check it out here: w3m