OH 2.2.0 Snapshots 1025-1028 / ZWave NPE

I have entered https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/4152 to harden the code for such cases.

Did a clean install again, still

• no things in HABmin
  • 500 server error in PaperUI

#1025 is not usable for me, reverting back …

I uped to 1026… same issues appear
I will also fall back to 1024 or earlier

I can confirm the same behavior in 1026.

Lots of these on the console:

Exception in thread "Timer-26" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.i18n.ThingTypeI18nLocalizationService.createLocalizedThingType(ThingTypeI18nLocalizationService.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.XmlThingTypeProvider.localize(XmlThingTypeProvider.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.XmlThingTypeProvider.localize(XmlThingTypeProvider.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.AbstractXmlBasedProvider.acquireLocalizedObject(AbstractXmlBasedProvider.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.AbstractXmlBasedProvider.getAll(AbstractXmlBasedProvider.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.XmlThingTypeProvider.getThingTypes(XmlThingTypeProvider.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.ThingTypeRegistry.getThingTypes(ThingTypeRegistry.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.ThingTypeRegistry.getThingTypes(ThingTypeRegistry.java:59)
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider.initialiseZWaveThings(ZWaveConfigProvider.java:310)
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider.getProductIndex(ZWaveConfigProvider.java:355)
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider.getThingType(ZWaveConfigProvider.java:382)
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:968)
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer$IdleTimerTask.run(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:1395)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

And lots of 500 Internal Server Errors in Paper UI.

FWIW, I’m running #1025 with the development zwave binding, and I have not seen any such error to date (knock on wood).

yeah, it seems that the refactored/development/security version of the Z-Wave binding works fine under S1025

the “standard/mainstream” one is throwing the NPE
but it seems that the issue is not with the Z-Wave binding itself but with the ThingTypeI18nLocalizationService

I’ve just made a PR that will hopefully fix this - I’ll merge tonight so tomorrows build should fix it I hope.

2 Likes

Disregard: worked fine this evening, needed some extra time I guess …

1 Like

Is there any chance that

this will fix that problem too?

Does “no things shown” mean just ZWave or other bindings as well?

Completely empty:

1 Like

as @sihui wrote… completely empty

1 Like

Strange - I’d be surprised if the change in ZWave fixes this, but I’m not sure. Since the error is occurring in the framework, maybe it was totally killing off the reading of XML files.

I had the same issue yesterday and reverted back. But I thought they did show up in PaperUI

Yepp, they do … but still some 500 errors in PaperUI

1 Like

Yes, I saw those as well before I reverted back.

I doubt that this is only a HABmin problem. Since HABmin uses the same REST interfaces as PaperUI, I expect the same problem existed.

Unfortunately there seems to be a small difference, whatever it is: HABmin is empty, PaperUI shows things with an internal server error …

Is this with the same version, or have you reverted here? I don’t know why HABmin wouldn’t display the things…