OH 2.3 with persistence

All,

every now and then I have problems with persistence (JDBC Persistence MariaDB).
So after I uploaded a few new rules and / or the items file, persistence stucks.

To monitor this I constantly check it by a rule:

rule "Does persistence work?"
when
	Time cron "52 0/10 * * * ?"
then
	// did persistence not store frequently the persistence_num into maria_DB?
	if(!Presence_Num.updatedSince(now.minusMinutes(30),"jdbc")) {
		logInfo("system.rules", "Presence_Num not updated since 30 minutes - is there a problem with persistence?")
		sendTelegram("OH_TeleBot", "Presence_Num seit 30 min. nicht aktualisiert.\nPersistence Probleme?")
	}
end

However, since 2.3 I found that e.g. an Z-Wave item state is not stored properly.
A restart of Eclipse SmartHome Core Persistence did not help - actually after the restart the rule above has been triggered, because numbers are not stored any more in the DB (usually every 5 min).

After restart of openHAB JDBC SQL Persistence bundle the switch is stored again properly, but storing the number values does not anymore. :frowning:

So I would like to reduce the number of bundles to restart as small as possible.

Is this a known issue?

I don’t know, if it’s a (known) issue, but sometimes after changing persistence restart oH is nessessary.

Hi Harry,

thanks for your response.
I actually don’t change the persistence settings themselves, but e.g. some rules.
I have persistence pretty much untouched - except by adding new items, which are then included into the persistence.

A separate restart of all the single persistence related bundles did not help.

69 â Active   â  80 â 2.11.1.v20150805-0538  â EMF XML/XMI Persistence
106 â Active   â  80 â 0.10.0.oh230           â Eclipse SmartHome Core Persistence
131 â Active   â  80 â 0.10.0.oh230           â Eclipse SmartHome Persistence Model
132 â Active   â  80 â 0.10.0.oh230           â Eclipse SmartHome Persistence Model IDE
133 â Active   â  80 â 0.10.0.oh230           â Eclipse SmartHome Persistence Runtime
236 â Active   â  80 â 1.12.0                 â openHAB JDBC SQL Persistence bundle

Status: Switch changes are stored properly, but numbers stopped beeing stored with the restart of the core persistence bundle.
:frowning:

So which would be the best bundle to restart without the necessity to restart the entire OH instance? Because a complete restart take about one hour (Raspi 3 with openhabian)
org.openhab.core ?
org.eclipse.smarthome.core ?
org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.core ?

EDIT:
restart of org.openhab.core did not help to revitalize the number item persistence
neither did org.eclipse.smarthome.core