OH 3.0.1: Installation issue

Hello all,

I am trying to install OH 3.0.1 on a Windows 10 machine and I am getting an error message when I try to run start.bat.

Upon starting, the script requests permission to modify registry items one time (granted), then a second time (granted again) and then exits with an error message stating that it was unable to find some key or some key value in the registry.

Can anyone help me with this?

Do you mind to share the exact wording of the error message ?

Sure, but it is in French. The following two lines are printed and the window immediately disappears:

Erreur: Erreur: le système n’a pas trouvé la clé ou la valeur de registre spécifiée.

Erreur: Erreur: le système n’a pas trouvé la clé ou la valeur de registre spécifiée.

My literal translation is:

Error: Error: the system did not find the specified register key or value.

Bonjour,
there are at least two threads - one of them is this one ( [SOLVED] Very Newbie Issue - system unable to find the specified registry key or value ) that shows the same message. May I ask you to check if your environment variable JAVA_HOME is set correct and if java is installed ?

Thanks for the tip. I had just installed Zulu 16.28.11, and I expected the variable to be set but it wasn’t.

However, after setting the variable I got a different error message:

“Error occurred while checking the system module.”

Any about that one too?

Many thanks!

That’s the wrong java version. It needs to be Zulu 11 for OH3.
see Installation Overview | openHAB

Oops: I had wrongly assumed that 11 or higher would be fine.
After installing Zulu 11, I was able to start openhab alright. Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

Je t’en pri