[OH 3.4] HUE absolute temperature

Great. Sorry for asking but how can one get the update of the binding?

Fixed but not yet ready for distribution against OH 3.4. Our quick switch to java 17 just after OH 3.4 was released does not help, sorry.

Is my issue related, or should I make a new thread?

Pls ignore. I had them set as Control:ColorTemperature and that worked in 3.2

For 3.4 I had to change them to Point:ColorTemperature, now it’s ok

I have now cherry-picked the commit into the hotfix branch 3.4.x and built a JAR: org.openhab.binding.hue-3.4.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

Hi, it works. Interestingly my dimmer get’s the values updated by external changes (e.g. via hue app) but does not anymore change the value live within the semantic model as dimmer. I have to re-load the page to see the changed value.

I just tested this, and for me it works. Have you changed your item type from Number to Number:Temperature? I noticed one thing that didn’t work though: After creating an item for channel color_temperature_abs, it didn’t receive any value (i.e. it was NULL) until I changed the color temperature through channel color_temperature.

@J-N-K is saying that if no dimension is set for the item, it should still work as expected.
If not, this would be a general critical bug introduced in OH.
All these last minute changes with UoM were really a bad idea.

Hue issues have nothing to do with UoM changes. There always was a default unit for temperature and so there is no change at all. UoM changes only affect dimensions where no default unit was defined AND no state description with unit was set AND the default unit is different from the unit that is sent by a binding/rule.

This is purely the change in the channel-type definition.

It’s without dimension and hence unit and UoM should not be relevant. But even if I add the dimension, the same behavior. I also observed it for a roller shutter dimmer. Looks like a new bug somehow?

Perhaps related:

I can confirm that this issue is not only affecting HUE, but also in my case LIFX lights. I deeply regret upgrading blindly to OH 3.4 (from OH 3.3) as there seem to be a lot of other issues as well. For example a very slow response time to input, e.g. toggle a switch, which sometimes shows no effect at all. Same for my Z-Wave devices, which are unresponsive in about half the time.

For the color temperature issue introduced in 3.4, around 5 bindings were impacted, included hue and lifx. All were already fixed except one I believe

Good to know.
Is there a OH 3.4.1 bug fix version planned?

Not yet planned or I am not aware.

How do people get such fixes after the openhab release itself?

There will be of course an announcement when the patch is released.