OH 3 log flooding with API fails

Hi all,

After an otherwise succesfull upgrade, my openhab.log is flooding with this.

2021-01-02 12:35:17.412 [WARN ] [ore.io.rest.auth.internal.AuthFilter] - Unauthorized API request:      Invalid Basic authentication credentials
2021-01-02 12:35:27.512 [WARN ] [ore.io.rest.auth.internal.AuthFilter] - Unauthorized API request:      Invalid Basic authentication credentials

It keeps on every 10 seconds.

System:
Pi 4, 4 GB RAM
Openhabian, upgraded via openhabian-config.
I have basic auth enabled in the REST API settings.

At the same time my visual studio code is no longer giving me item states, when I hover over them in the editor. Don’t know if that can be affiliated with this.

Extension settings in visual studio.
“workbench.iconTheme”: “openhab”,
“window.zoomLevel”: 1,
“openhab.host”: “192.168.1.15”,
“openhab.password”: “xxx”,
“openhab.username”: “Openhabian”,
“openhab.remoteLspEnabled”: true,
“openhab.useRestApi”: true

I am using token authentication on my node-red rules, which works fine, but I have no idea where this is coming from?

Ideas are very welcome:-)
Thanks,
Peter

Your Visual Studio Code is not authenticating correctly. There are threads here with the proper configuration but I do not use VS Code for this.

Ok-thanks for that :+1:
Does anyone know if the some user settings have changed in connection with the upgrade? (Haven’t changed anything, and it worked prior).

Yes, the API now requires authentication. You enabled it in OH but did not configure VSCode to authenticate.

This is all documented in the Release notes which should be required reading before upgrading. This forum is not a replacement for reading the documentation

I did read the release notes before upgrading.
I was not fully aware what the error meant - it seems I am still not, because my VS Code is know working (token authentication) and updating item states correctly, but the error still remains in the openhab.log.

I just know the dev has posted in the forum the configuration for VSCode that functions.

Ok - thanks for your help:-)

Read this forum,

Allow Basic Authentication in OH3

How to generate an API token

Then in VScode configuration use as username your api token, and password is empty.

BR,