OH not finding things [SOLVED]

I recently installed OpenHab2 on my Raspberry Pi 3 and it doesn’t seem to be able to find any Things, except when using the Network binding.

I’ve noticed that all the Things it finds on the Network binding have IP addresses that start with 192., which is the same as my ISP’s router; however, the IP addresses of the other items I’m trying to find (using bindings such as Sonos and Samsung TV) start with 172..

I also have OH2 running on my MacBook Pro (172.*) and it’s able to find Things.

Could this difference in IP addresses be the problem? I’ve checked the DHCP settings on my router, and it says it’s supposed to be assigning IPs from the 192 series. There is an option to change it to 172, but I’m hesitant to do that because it would involve renewing DHCP leases and I’m afraid it will change the address of my router and then cause my entire network to fail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This means that you have 2 networks in your home.
The network address is the first 3 numbers in the IP eg: 192.168.0.XXX
XXX being your devices
You’ll have to find a way to bridge the networks or change the 172.16.XXX.XXX into the same as your 192.168.XXX.XXX

192.168.XXX.XXX and 172.16.XXX.XXX are reserved IP addresses for internal networks

Thanks for your help. I had a BitDefender Box 2 connected to my network and realized that was creating the second network. I removed it, and things seem to be working a bit better. It’s at least finding my television now, and the Network binding produced a bunch of results with 192.*.

I run 3 networks at home
1 for the general home devices - TV, phones, tablets…
1 for Home Automation
and 1 for guests with only access to internet
They are 192.168.0.XXX
192.168.1.XXX and 192.168.2.XXX

There is a “bridge” between the first two so that the OH server can “see” the TV and the phones for remote control and presence purposes respectively.
All the devices are configured with static IPs and I keep a table up-to-date with the addresses.
The bridge was set-up by a friend of mine and as I have not needed to bridge any other devices I have no ideas on how that works, I am afraid. I mean to find out and start playing with networks stuff but it’s not a priority at the moment as everything is working smoothly and I don’t intent to add devices any time soon.

Maybe I’ll do that in the future, if my system expands to the point of needing something like multiple networks. As it is, that’s all greek to me right now. After I removed the BitDefender, everything is working well. That was what created the 172.168.X.XXX network.

Thanks again for your help.