OH1 plugins in OH2

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Intel i7/8GB/300GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
    • openHAB version: 2.3.0

Hi,

I’ve just installed OH2 yesterday when I found out about it so total beginner with the software.

Already I have managed to get a few OH2 plugins working: Kodi, Zoneminder, ImperiHome

However, I am stuck on how to integrate OH1 plugins.

At the moment I am trying to get the MIOS and IPX plugins functioning; both are installed but I’m a little confused of what to do next.

So far reading through the documentation:

https://docs.openhab.org/configuration/items.html

currently my focus is the UI7 of the Vera. I have created a ‘house.items’ file and placed it in the /etc/openhab2/items folder but I don’t know where to turn next…

I am probably confusing here but how to I create an entity in ‘Bindings’ and ‘Things’ in the UI. If I am able to as I understand that OH1 was quite different from OH2.

For the IPX, my version is the IPX800v4. The docs are here:

but again how to integrate with OH2??

Virtually I would like to see my devices with control in the Dashboard.

Many thanks for any help!

There are no ‘Things’ for an OH1 binding.

Thanks for the response!

So does that mean that the OH1 plugins cannot have entities created on the dashboard… eg. a switch for lights on/off

I should probably read up on the OH1 documentation as long as it doesn’t start confusing between OH2??

No Things, no channels for legacy OH1 bindings.
It follows that you make the link between OH Items and the binding directly in the Item definitions in xx.items files, by editing text.

Items defined that way can be used in rules and sitemaps in the usual way.

Items defined that way are not editable by the PaperUI tool, but you can see them if you turn on Advanced Mode

The binding itself may need some configuring. In OH1 there was one big openhab.cfg file for that purpose, but instead in OH2 you have separate xxx.cfg files for each OH1 binding that needs one example ipx800.cfg

Many thanks @rossko57 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Also thanks for the links, I will read through and see if I can figure out what I’m trying to achieve.