OH1 rrd4j rest persistence

Is rest access to persistent data available for 1.8.3
http://192.168.1.19:8080/rest/persistence/items/COMP_1_MAIN_Temp_div?serviceId=rrd4j
If so how do I enable it? Right now I only get a 404 error.

This http request works in OH2. For OH1, the Rest-Api is now undocumented
Moving to OH2 is quite easy if you have worked with OH 1.8 It took me 6 months before I took the plunge and I don’t regret it
I prepared 2 days to make it all happens and I was done in 1 hour!

1 Like

Why is it undocumented?

Did you use the migration tutorial? Can I quote your endorsement? :wink: It took me several hours, though of course I was taking notes so I could write the tutorial.

I’m stretching back my memory but I’m pretty sure that persistence is not exposed via the OH 1.x REST API. I do remember looking into it a little bit when I wrote the migration tutorial. I think the only REST commands available in OH 1.x are those necessary to make the sitemap work.

If you are worried about transferring the rrd4j database from OH 1.x to 2.x, I think it would just be a simple matter of copying over the contents of /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j to /var/lib/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j.

I think Vincent is referring to the fact that the OH 1.x REST API link on the OH 1.x wiki now leads only to the main wiki page. You can go back through the history of the wiki to find out who made that edit and perhaps why. Though I think edits and reviewing the history on the old wiki has been turned off.

OH 2 has been released for over a year. As time passes you will find fewer and fewer people who will have retained the knowledge and ability to help with OH 1.x questions and issues.

I’ve was actually looking so I can move the data to mysql. though in looking at my openhab install. started in 2015. I have over 3gigs of logs. I’m making a node red flow to parse the event logs and get all my historical data.

personally im not one for the hiding of information. havn’t much cared for the track oh2 went that’s why neither my home or work install has been upgraded.
for work 1.8.3 had and still is rock solid with modbus, snmp and bacnet as my main interfaces. my home install was solid untill my insteon modem got zapped.

Just so you are aware, you can run on OH 2 just as you have with OH 1.x. You don’t have to use Things or PaperUI or any of the new stuff. In fact, the first half of the Migration Tutorial will leave you at exactly that point, with your current OH 1.x configuration, bindings and all, running on an OH 2 core. If you don’t want it, you don’t have to use any of the new OH 2.x concepts like Things, PaperUI, et al. And you will get some of the enhancements that actually are useful like the expanded REST API and the triggeringItem implicit variable and the Member of Rule trigger.

Like it or not, the developers have moved on and most of the users of the forum have moved on. So getting updates and help from the forum will become more and more difficult as time goes on. At some point, you will have to decide to stick with something not being maintained at all any longer, move to OH 2, or move to something else. If for no other reason than the version of Java that OH 1.8 can run on will no longer be supported.

I don’t think it was deliberate. I highly suspect that someone made a mistake when they locked down the wiki.

Yes, I used the tutorials, Thanks by the way
I moved machine at the same time so I had the pi SD card in the laptop, a fresh install of OH 2 in expert mode on a recycled HP thin client.
And then it was a matter of installing the bindings one by one and moving the conf files one by one whilst monitoring the log.
Done and dusted in 1 hour!!