OH2.2: EXEC binding - The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null ?!?

Dear all

today I saw the following WARN in my log file. Is this something that I can fix? Can you give me any hints? Or should I open an issue on git?

Thanks & regards
John

29-Dez-2017 14:03:32.298 [WARN ] [smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document '/ESH-INF/binding/binding.xml' in module 'org.openhab.binding.exec' could not be parsed: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.BindingInfoXmlProvider.<init>(BindingInfoXmlProvider.java:60) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.XmlBindingInfoProvider.createDocumentProvider(XmlBindingInfoProvider.java:141) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.acquireXmlDocumentProvider(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:181) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.addingObject(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:206) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:350) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:336) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.access$3(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:331) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:307) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

Any updates here?

I’ve just installed a new system on 64Bit Debian and have the same error with the exec and network bindings on boot, although everything seems to work.
I wonder if its anything left over from my previous install as I copied the contents of /var/lib/openhab2 and /etc/openhab2 into the new machine before doing the install to preserve all my settings, which it did, and I expected the installer to get rid of everything it was replacing which is what I’ve seen it do in the past, however I have gone from a Pi3 to an intel chip running the amd64 build of Debian in case that’s relevant.
Do you have both network and exec bindings loaded?

Interestingly I just set the system location / language etc, and corrected a bad path in basic UI, and it rebooted cleanly, although I did get this instead

2018-01-17 20:28:16.000 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at https://null:8443
 2018-01-17 20:28:15.995 [WARN ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.core.net.NetUtil] - Invalid address '192.168.xx.xx/24', will use first interface instead.
 2018-01-17 20:28:15.993 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at http://null:8080
 2018-01-17 20:28:123.123 [WARN ] [g.eclipse.smarthome.core.net.NetUtil] - Invalid address '192.168.123.123/24', will use first interface instead.

The address it said was invalid was in fact correct. I wonder if there is some ip6 weirdness going on

Further update, this seems to come and go. I cleared out the cache and tmp folders in case there was something lingering that shouldn’t be there, but the error still occasionally happens after a reboot. It may be my imagination, but it seemed to occur less often after I moved all the rules away on reboot and brought them back in stages once a known item had been initialised

Hi there @JohnnyX

Did you get this solved? I have the same issue.

Cheers!

Well, yes somehow… I don’t see the error anymore in my logfile but I haven’t changed the config (at least I’m not aware of). Sorry, that I cannot provide more details.

I did not change anything and I got this error too with the yeelight binding:

18:36:45.509 [WARN ] [fig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document '/ESH-INF/binding/binding.xml' in module 'org.openhab.binding.yeelight' could not be parsed: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The XmlConfigDescriptionProvider must not be null!
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.BindingInfoXmlProvider.<init>(BindingInfoXmlProvider.java:60) [116:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml.internal.XmlBindingInfoProvider.createDocumentProvider(XmlBindingInfoProvider.java:141) [116:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.binding.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.acquireXmlDocumentProvider(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:181) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.addingObject(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:206) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:350) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:336) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.access$3(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:331) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:307) [112:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.10.0.b1]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Did you guys update Java? I think that is the only thing I did in the last couple days?..

The binding.xml looks okay to me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<binding:binding id="yeelight"
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xmlns:binding="http://eclipse.org/smarthome/schemas/binding/v1.0.0"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://eclipse.org/smarthome/schemas/binding/v1.0.0 http://eclipse.org/smarthome/schemas/binding-1.0.0.xsd">

<name>Yeelight Binding</name>
    <description>This is the binding for Yeelight product.</description>
    <author>Coaster Li</author>

</binding:binding>

Big problem is that all of my lamps stopped working… that is a critical hit and my gf is quite upset and annoys me now…

Edit: Took about 2 hours to find and install an older java version (152) - but still not working. I do not receive that error anymore, but the lamps are still offline… :confused: