OH2.4 JSONPATH download fails

hi all,
I have fairly old setup that now I need to integrate LORA sensor and belive it or not on that one I’m using JSONPATH transform for very first time , but it does not install I guess some repositories moved since then. Can that still be fixed? or maybe I can install that manualy?

TIA

2023-05-12 17:06:29.378 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-transformation-jsonpath': Error:
	Error downloading mvn:com.jayway.jsonpath/json-path/2.1.0
	Error downloading mvn:net.minidev/json-smart/2.2
	Error downloading mvn:net.minidev/accessors-smart/1.1
	Error downloading mvn:org.eclipse.smarthome.transform/org.eclipse.smarthome.transform.jsonpath/0.10.0.oh240

The host OH was using to store the artifacts closed down and when it did we lost all artifacts older than OH 2.5.12.

There are still some copies of jar files out there in archives. You can find the .kar file with all the 2.4 add-ons at Central Repository: org/openhab/distro/openhab-addons/2.4.0. If you drop the .kar file into the addons folder OH will install the add-ons from that instead of trying to download them from the internet.

And if you plan on maintaining an old version of OH, always download the kar file as we’ve learned that the online versions may not always be available or may move or the like. The keys to maintaining old software are:

• change nothing
  • isolate/protect it because as you are changing nothing it means known security vulnerabilities are collecting on the machine
  • eliminate external dependencies
  • plan for the day when it breaks and can’t be fixed due to changes to external changes out of your control (e.g. a number of add-ons recently had to be rewritten due to changes in the remote service’s APIs).

Downloading the add-ons kar is a way to eliminate external dependencies.

1 Like

Many thanks! did the job,