OH2 Alexa Binding Announce

Actually our new skill is based on the Smart Home API, which eliminates the need to say ‘Alexa, tell OpenHAB …’. You will be able to simply say ‘Alexa, turn on my office lights’ for example. Regardless work will continue on AlexaHA as time permits for more advanced stuff such as custom responses and interactions. We are working to get them both published as the official skills for OpenHAB!

that would be very cool

So I installed Hue Emulator with paper UI and put it in pairing mode and said “Alexa Discover Services”. Alexa repeatedly failed to discover. I was planning on adding items later.

Then, I set up one item and repeated the above process, and Success!

So, you have to have at least 1 device defined in your items before you try to pair with Alexa!

Here is my item so far:

Dimmer FrontEntry "front entry" [ "Lighting" ] {omnilink="unit:19"}
Switch	Buttons_DayMode	"Day Mode"	[ "Switchable" ]	{omnilink="button:1",autoupdate="false"}
Switch	Buttons_GoodNite	"Good Nite"	[ "Switchable" ]	{omnilink="button:4",autoupdate="false"}

@digitaldan @craigh
I had a idea. In the omnilink 1.x binding, we have the ability to auto generate items and sitemaps. How about adding an option to the omnilink configuration to auto generate items in the correct Hue Emulator format? I realize you don’t have the hardware anymore.

Question, I got openhab2 with Homekit, philips hue, and a logitech harmony. I would like to add my none hue lamps to my harmony remote, but harmony only supports one hue device. So I replaced it with the hue emulator and added my hue bulbs and other lights.
Now they show up twice in homekit and I would like to keep the original link with my hue hub in homekit, for if openhab is not available or something.

Is is possible to include a device in the hue emulator but not in homekit?

Thanks.

@d0t Dear sir, firstly thanks for your dedication, but forgive me because the instruction on your github page is quite long and I need an instruction to start from the very scratch (just get into the point), can you help me? Thank you very, very much
P.s:
the lines you wrote:

Ubuntu Server VM, already provisioned; preferably dedicated to Alexa-HA for improved security. This can be done on the same server as OpenHAB, but we suggest not exposing your OpenHAB server to the public internet...
An available public static IP or Dynamic DNS provider
Public port 443 available (i.e. not already in use by another service, however if it is already in use by Apache2/Nginx/etc you can still 'proxy' the communication to your Node.js server!)
Some knowledge of firewall/router setups and DNS configuration as we must expose the Node.js/Express.js service to the outside
Ideally a trusted SSL certificate, however self-signed SSL certificates may be used (setup is detailed below).

Well, it seems such things are big obstacles for beginners like me although I really enjoy your work but please show us more details

@d0t and @digitaldan, as far as I understood this threat, both of you independently develop a alexa skill. Does both work without the invokation word “alexa, ask openhab …” and more importartant, are both versions able to understand other languages than english? I’m a german nativ speaker and would definitaley prefer german :wink:
I like the idea from @d0t to be able defining my own utterances …

Thank you both for your effort, to bring our homes one step further to the future :-), really great work!

Hi all,
i did see first in the morning the new skill and did enable it directly.
So thanks first off :smiley:

So whats the difference to the hue-emulation service?
I did expose some of my rollershutters (knx1-binding) - but nothing showed in the alexa-discovery - i’m confused.

regards,
Jo

Hi,
my question is - what is needed to work alexa on raspi with openhab2 home automatisation (KNX).
is it enough only to copy .jar to addons directory and install it over Paper UI ?
Should be openhabcloud also installed ?
Is hue emulation binding necessary ?
Thanks for explanation,

Jozef

Does anyone know if the Vobot Smart Alarm Radio Clock Speaker with Amazon Alexa works with openHAB in the same way as a standard Echo does?

Thanks.

Hi,

Does it work with ESH ?

Thanks.