OH2/ESH DMX binding

Try changing the priority in Ola it stopped my lights from flickering
I am playing with the mqtt binnding with ws2812 neopixel on a exp2866 board it seams to be a better option to me than the dmx binding as it’s limited to 512 channels

Will try it! It could also be because i do not have a terminator resitor at the end of my dmx line. I got a resitor now and the rj45 connector to make my self one. Will do it as soon as I am back from holiday in the US.

I did get my ws2811 ledstrip up running with tasmota compiled on a wemos board. However I have now ordered some arilux, which is basically a esp with a 12v voltage converter and a nice casing. The polulu pins for programming the chip just arrived so flashing it with tasmota its on my todo list as well. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

A question/feature request:

When you create the DMX things, you can define a "turnonvalue" and "turnoffvalue".

is there a possibility that the “turnonvalue” can be the last value before that the light is turned off?

I used this binding to control LEDs and now each time I turn them on they are on maximum output (when no turnonvalue is defined) or on the same color (when turnonvalue is defined).

With the DMX 1.x binding the last value was restored when the color item received the ON command, this was a very nice feature.

Please try this JAR. It implements a switch “dynamic turn-on value” (currently only for the dimmer thing). If it works as expected, I’ll add it for the tunable-wihite and color-thing.

Any news here?

@J-N-K: Have you already thought of an action that would allow to create fades directly from the rules?

Isn‘t the control channel of the chaser exactly what you need?

I still have to try it.

I only have color things so I need to create a new thing first to test it

This is an awesome binding! I am considering though, to write a binding for Vixen3 web api. It might help here too…my issue is I cannot get my eclipse ide to run, so I’m stuck until I can get it to run the openHAB runtime. If there is any interest in help, I’d greatly appreciate it. If you don’t know what vixen3 is:

Www.vixenlights.com

And the web api:

http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-documentation/advanced-features/web-api-3-2-and-later/

It is not my intention to highjack your thread, but there are few people that are doing dmx.

Since the tests seem to be fine, I already added the code for the color and tunable white thing. The JAR in the first post is updated.

Please not that - if defined via PaperUI - the new option will probably not show up until the thing is redefined. Unfortunately I’m not allowed to add code to auto-update the thing.

Could there be an option to start the fade immideately?

1 Like

Something like dmxSend('114/3", "128,247,123", 10) from a rule for fading channels 114-116 to the set values in 10s?

Hi to all,

first many thanks for the great dmx binding!

I have a question about a binding for a Kiteo DMX LED Spot. Is there something like that in the OH2/ESH world?

Or would it be hard to write a handler / thing for such a DMX device?

A Kiteo DMX LED is contolled by 4 DMX-Channels. The first channel controls the mode (tunable white or RGB) of the LED Light. In TW-mode channel 2 ist brightness and 3 is color temperature. In RGB-Mode Channel 2 is red, 3 is green and 4 blue.

Thanks and best regards

Johannes

There are three different possibilities:

1. define three things, a RGB and three Single Channel Dimmer. Use one dimmer to switch between the two modes and the other two to control brightness and temperature

2. define 4 single channel dinners, write a rule to set the correct values depending on the mode

3. Write a new handler. The code (except switching between the two modes) is in the other handlers.

Yes excactly - or something like dmxSend('MyChannelItem", "128,247,123", 10) so the channel definition is strictly done through the config file. Or maybe both.

Maybe it’s even easier for you to accept a fade string as second parameter?
But it would be very nice like this none the less.

Then we are very close to `sendCommand(Item, fadeString)’, except the automatic start. I think it qwould be very easy to add a “start fade immediately when command received”-switch (to the item-link or the control-channel).

This would work, too. I just want to build the fades dynamically in the rules and then execute them.

1 Like

@DaanDW Any news? I would like to get that merged an sneed for feedback if that works as expected.

Hi,
I’m also using the DMX-Binding 0.10.0-binding from Jan/2018 and could do some tests.
But a sample.things as example would be helpful.

Here is ma current one:

//DMX
Bridge dmx:artnet-bridge:mybridge [ mode="unicast", address="x.x.x.x", universe=0, applycurve="1,2,3,4,5,6", refreshrate=240] {
 dimmer KNO_LED_R		[dmxid="1", fadetime=9000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0" ]
 dimmer KNO_LED_G		[dmxid="2", fadetime=9000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0" ]
 dimmer KNO_LED_B		[dmxid="3", fadetime=9000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0" ]

dimmer KNO_GUV_4		[dmxid="4", fadetime=3000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0" ]
 dimmer KNO_GUV_5		[dmxid="5", fadetime=3000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0"  ]
 dimmer KNO_GUV_6		[dmxid="6", fadetime=3000, dimtime=10, turnonvalue="255", turnoffvalue="0"  ]

chaser KNO_CH4_AUS		[dmxid="4", steps="8000:0,0,0:-1"] 
 chaser KNO_CH4_AN		[dmxid="4", steps="8000:255,0,0:-1"] 

}

rule "Kino Taster 2: Licht Bühne an/aus"
when
	Item SW2_MQT_231 changed to 1
then
    logInfo("manuell.rules", "Bühne Licht an/aus")
    if (SW2_MQT_231.state==1 && GUV1.state==ON){ 
	GUV1.sendCommand(OFF)
	SW2_MQT_231.sendCommand(0)
	Thread::sleep(200)}
    if (SW2_MQT_231.state==1 && GUV1.state==OFF){ 
	GUV1.sendCommand(ON)
	SW2_MQT_231.sendCommand(0)
	Thread::sleep(200)}
end

I have an issue with the KNO_GUV*. They turn on/off not smooth.
The chaser are not in use.

@J-N-K: Any new ideas yet?