OH2 Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Smoke Alarm doesn`t work

yes I made the change. just to be very clear here:

Type= SMOKE
Event3=Test
Event2=RealSmoke

The DB was configured to SMOKE,Event=3

Now there would have been 2 ways… individual channels for TEST & REAL smoke…

I thought its better to just have 1 channel Type=SMOKE irrelevant of the exact event and removed the Event.
From UX I would say a test of smoke alarm and real smoke alarm is the same thing and should trigger the same rules etc…

1 Like

Agreed - this is also what I’ve done with the new system in the development version.

(and thanks for doing the update - hopefully I’ll have it all merged in the next hour or two).

mhh - in general the dev binding does not differ for events anymore?

OK, help an OH newcommer. What am I supposed to do in order to get the new binding version on my machine (openHABian, stable version) once you’re done?

uninstall binding, remove thing, delete xml, install binding, add thing again ( I do not talk about exclusion or inclusion here :wink: )

The development binding works differently with events. Instead of requiring the events to be specified in the database (which was a pain as there are a lot of devices to change) I added some code to the binding to automatically select the events based on the channel type.

Which file exactly, please? Where is it located?

does it affect notification_send channel?
there are e.g. specific events for the same type - or is this differently there?

No - it’s not changed. I should add that this isn’t a new change - it was done a few months ago.

/userdata/zwave/respectivenodenumber.xml

you can update the binding now and test with REAL smoke.
please report back here if it works

It’s doesn’t work. It’s tricky?
Is there a backup of the node??.xml file.
I have in order:
uninstall the binding (all z-wave things are not visible in HABMin and Paper UI)
delete node??.xml in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave
install the z-wave binding

The “old” thing from the Smoke Sensor is again:roll_eyes:
delete this thing and reinstall the thing in HABmin

But all configurations from before are present in this reinstalled thing.

No - the file will regenerate itself. Why do you want a backup?

No, i want a update. I’m surprise that the reinstalled smoke sensor completely detected.
Also the channel bindings to the items and the thing name in HABmin.

Sorry - I’m confused by what you’re asking for.

What are you trying to do exactly?

No, no, no sorry - i do NOT want a update.
I can’t delete the Smoke Senor in HABmin or everything stays as it was.
There is no change. :anguished:

Do you get any error, or it just doesn’t work? Can you delete the thing in PaperUI? (it should do exactly the same, but worth a try).

I get no error. Yes i can delete the thing (Node 8, Smoke Sensor). After that, i reinstall the Smoke Sensor and his name is Node 8 again and all properties are back again.
No trigger alarm with real smoke.

That sounds correct. Have you updated to the latest binding? Are you using the snapshot version, or the release version of OH?

Quick status update from my side:

• binding removed (via PaperUI)
  • (force) removed all Z-Wave related things (via PaperUI)
  • deleted all .xml files in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave
  • EDIT: switched to latest Snap-shot version (via openhabian-config)
  • re-installed Z-Wave binding (via PaperUI)
  • added my Aeotec Z-Wave Stick again (via PaperUI)
  • added all my Z-Wave devices via auto-discover (PaperUI)
  • 2 out of 11 devices have been correctly detected, so far. For these two nodes, new .xml files have been created automatically. All other devices do appear as “Unknow device”. I guess I have to wait until my Z-Wave network has re-established all connections. This may take a long time :frowning:
  • I will report back once my network is properly working again

I tried the update. I’m using the Package Repository Installation and the stable Version.
How do i see the version of the binding? In Paper UI i can see “binding-zwave - 2.1.0”.