OH2 - freezes after some time

I’m not using MySQL but the rdd4j persistence. I think it more related to persistence in general and not only with MySQL.

One interesting question from my side: Are you using Zulu Java 8 or something else ?

I’m using a standard openhabian installation and added piVCCU which is the gateway for my homematic devices. But before I installed everything from 0 again with openhabian, I was using raspian with a manual openhab installation. Both are crashing since 2.1. If I go back to 2.0
everything works without the freeze/crash.

Same for me, I’m using the standard openhabian image with some additional add-ons.

Same here, openhabian with Zulu Java 8. This is really disappointing as the whole thing doesn’t feel solid at all. Running in a ESXi VM.

I’m on one of the latest snapshots (2.3) now and had no freeze since two weeks. Using openhabian and rdd4j persistence.

I have the same problem since a month ago. I ended up adding a cron entry that reboots the system twice a day. A bad workaround, but it works for me.

/Henrik

With the latest snapshot and mysql persistence replaced with influxdb it works now for me without crashes since a couple of days.

@Christian_Huck
Did you check the java heap space:

‘Karaf console: shell:info’

I had to increase the heap space, as my setup crashed every two days.

/etc/defaults/openhab2

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xmx512m"

Best

Fhz

Problem already solved? I also had the same issue - and thought, that the refresh-interval is seconds. it is not. it is millisconds. See:

I have the same issue, that openhab freezes after some days. Is there already a solution around? Rebooting every few days doesn’t look like a good one…