OH2: Items files not always fully parsed

Hi there,

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I’m using an OH2 snapshot from August 3 and I’m seeing odd behavior in the Items files parsing. I’ve seen this issue since when I started trying OH2 at beta 1. The problem is the items files are not always completely parsed on start-up or when saving a modified version of the file.

The problem seems to occur for all kinds of items, but I’m under the impression it happens more often for items having a group and/or icon set.

For example:

DateTime    LocalDate	  "Date [%1$tA, %1$td-%1$tm-%1$tY]" { channel="ntp:ntp:local:dateTime" }
DateTime    Sunrise_Time  "Sunrise [%1$tH:%1$tM]"  { channel="astro:sun:home:rise#start" }
DateTime    Sunset_Time   "Sunset [%1$tH:%1$tM]"   { channel="astro:sun:home:set#start" }
Number      SunPosition	                           { channel="astro:sun:home:position#elevation" }
Switch IsDay
Switch IsEvening
Switch IsNight

This file was working fine, until I restarted OH. Suddenly all items starting from SunPosition didn’t exist anymore. I then copied the SunPosition item in the same file to a SunPosition2 and saved the file, after which both items were created by OH.

However, editing the file does not always help. In one case I ended up creating a new items file per item, which seemed to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, the problem occurs randomly, so I don’t know how to properly debug or reproduce it.

Any tips of what could cause this?