OH2 LIRC binding?

Hi Folks,

LIRC is listed as a Openhab 2.x binding at http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings.html
However I don’t see it available in the PaperUI to install nor can I find it in any git repo…

Can anyone point me in the right direction on either how to update my bindings list in paperUI or where to find the latest lirc binding so i can manually install it?

version - openhab2-offline 2.0.0~20161201113115

Thanks!

It’s probably a binding that was introduced in OH 2.1 or the 2.2 snapshot. It might be coming from ESH and not be an OH binding.

Your best bet is to upgrade to a later OH.

Looks like you were right… upgraded to nightly 2.2.0~20170910235752-1 and the LIRC binding is present…

Where exactly did you find the bundle? I believe I’ve looked all through the snapshot distro/addons and can’t find it. (https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/)

Note… I’m not using the 2.2 distro, I was hoping to just use the latest / OH2 compatible lirc binding within the OH 2.1 REL

This is a binding that was added after 2.1. The recommended way to get it is to upgrade to the snapshot. The bindings and core advance together in lock step so it is usually better to avoid running a newer binding on an older core.

But I’d you want to try, you can download the .kar file from cloudbees for 2.2 snapshot, extract the lirc .jar file and drop it in the addons folder.

If the above is daunting or you don’t know how to do it, is probably recommend upgrading everything and installing via PaperUI.

That is what I was saying, I can’t find the .jar file in the snapshot. I believe I was using the right URL for the latest, but can’t find the .jar in the bundle file. The questions was where to find that as the link I included as the one I was using doesn’t appear to be correct unless I’m overlooking it. URL?

The addons are a separate repo and a separate bundle. There appears to be a temporary problem work the url but you need to look at the openhab2-addons busy build on cloudbees.

For those who might be looking for the same thing, snapshot download referenced here: (solved) Where to find last openhab-distro snapshot?