OH2 - MQTT Conversion issues - help

Hi everyone, decided to take the plunge from 1.8 to 2.0, but having trouble with MQTT at the moment.

Essentially I’ve got an ESP which pings back the state or a door every so often. Config as follows:

1. Enabled 1.x bindings
  2. installed the 1.9 MQTT binding and apt-get installed mosquitto
  3. Items: oh2.items

Switch garageDoor1 “Garage Door 1 [MAP(open.map):%s]” {mqtt="<[mosquitto:/home/garage/esp01/g1/state:state:default]"}
Switch garageDoor2 “Garage Door 2 [MAP(open.map):%s]” {mqtt="<[mosquitto:/home/garage/esp01/g2/state:state:default]"}

1. open.map

ON=OPEN
OFF=CLOSED
-=CLOSED

1. mqtt.cfg

mosquitto.url=tcp://localhost:1883

Then… logs

2017-01-29 00:43:41.453 [ERROR] [ersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder] - An I/O error has occurred while writing a response mes sage entity to the container output stream.
etc. etc. etc.

What am I doing wrong? and how is this supposed to work? I used to have quite a simple configuration where I just had a switch (with garage door icon) that showed me the state of my door.

Do you have the mqtt action installed? There is a bug where the matter action stops the matter binding from working.

Do you see statements in the log that matter is starting and connected?

While that sir may be relevant, it isn’t coming from the MQTT binding. I’m not sure but that looks like it is coming from the web server that serves up the the UIs and the REST API.

Put the MQTT binding into TRACE logging (see the karaf docs on the docs site).

From what I see it should work.