OH2 - Squeezebox squeezing my brain

Hello,
the OH2 Squeezebox binding is confusing me:
In the Squeezeserver Thing it clearly says:
Language to use when using Google speech
But there is no place to set the ttsurl.
Neither did i find any example how to access Google speech.
In OH1.8 i could set this value to my local TTS and use squeezeboxspeak.
Everything else works quite OK, but loosing TTS would really suck :frowning:
Could somebody shine some light on this?
Many thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
-OLI

I just recently added Audiosink and Notification functionality to the OH2 squeezebox binding. See here.
http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/squeezebox/readme.html#notifications

Hello Mark,
thanks, I’ve seen that. Maybe I am missing the obvious…but how/where would i enter my TTS service?
It’s accessed as: http://my-ip/tts.php?msg=%s

And secondly, if i may add one more question:
My events.log gets flooded with messages that the sqeezeboxes Title items rapidly change from the actual title to the remotetitle and back; looks like so:

2017-02-26 09:30:49.856 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeKuecheTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release
2017-02-26 09:30:49.862 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeKuecheTitle changed from Catch & release to HR 3
2017-02-26 09:30:51.756 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeWoZiTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release
2017-02-26 09:30:51.762 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeWoZiTitle changed from Catch & release to HR 3
2017-02-26 09:30:56.918 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeBadTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release
2017-02-26 09:30:56.921 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeBadTitle changed from Catch & release to HR 3
2017-02-26 09:30:59.874 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeKuecheTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release
2017-02-26 09:30:59.878 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeKuecheTitle changed from Catch & release to HR 3
2017-02-26 09:31:01.774 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeWoZiTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release
2017-02-26 09:31:01.779 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeWoZiTitle changed from Catch & release to HR 3
2017-02-26 09:31:06.935 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - squeezeBadTitle changed from HR 3 to Catch & release

The remotetitle item does not get any update and stays empty. Any idea what is wrong with that?
Many thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
-OLI

The title spamming issue was fixed in the same PR that added Audiosink functionality. If you are seeing the title spamming the event log, then you definitely are running a version that doesn’t include audiosink.

You need to update to the latest snapshot (nightly) version of the squeezebox binding.

Indeed i went with the “Stable” Release. I figured that better on a total fresh install. Would you recommend changing to the Snapshot release for the whole install, or just replace the binding jar with the latest available?
Edit: OK so i changed to the Snapshot release; now Title/Artist display nicely and i do have My Sqheezeboxes as Audio Sinks. Kewl.
But I still can’t figure out how to use my TTS.

Glad you got it working.

There was a thread on Google TTS on this forum a while back. I think this was it.

Uh…OK, I’ve read through all this, but it leaves me just as clueless as before.
This post says solved:

But it’s not clear if this applies to OH2, and if it does, it does not elaborate as to where to make this entry.

Sorry I can’t be of much help here. You might want to change the title of this topic, or open a new topic specifically on Google TTS.

Ok, I’ll open a new topic then.
Thanks for helping !