OH2 Things gone missing in OH3

I’m having trouble getting my OH2 config imported into 3.0M3.
First thing I noticed is that the name of the JSONDB has changed (following up on the general namespace change).
So in order to get my JSON-encoded things from OH2 imported, I had to replace and rename
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json to org.openhab.core.thing.Thing.json.
(OH was down, of course).

BUT this didn’t work. Starting OH3 works and I can also add new Things via MainUI and I see these being stored into the mentioned file, and they’re available after a restart, too.
But all my imported (or rather “injected”) things are still missing in the UI. They still are present in the JSONDB file, though.
A potentially related error message I noticed is

2020-11-27 23:39:45.002 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.openhab.core.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@41b03f'. Root cause is: org.        eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingImpl cannot be found by org.openhab.core.thing_3.0.0.M3
2020-11-27 23:39:45.003 [ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn't deserialize value 'org.openhab.core.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@7deb8f'. Root cause is: org.        eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingImpl cannot be found by org.openhab.core.thing_3.0.0.M3

I don’t know what it means but there’s several occurences of that string in my jsondb file
(next I will give replacing them into org.openhab a try).

Does anybody have an idea what to do about this or how to proceed with debug that ?

3 Likes

Renaming the JSONDB file to /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/org.openhab.core.thing.Thing.json and to rename all occurences of org.eclipse.smarthome.core in the file to org.openhab.core finally fixed this and made my OH2 things appear.

4 Likes

Thanks, this worked for me!

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.