OH2 Viessmann binding

Hey guys,

I am a very fresh user of OH2.
Today i binding my HUE without problem.
Now i try to binding my viessmann oil burner but the only option to binding is via a network ip address.
I try it with this adapter directly connected to my RPI2 Adapter.

How can i make it work?

thank you

Did you run the local server on your RPi?
You first have to install and run this. The binding looks for the presence of this server.

Did i need any server oder client structure if i like to connect the adapter directly to the GPIO or USB Port?

I only want to use one RPI2 directly connected to the oil burner.

Yes you need it.
The server is part of the “optolink” program I linked a day ago.
The optolink program does the IO to the optolink adapter attached to your viessmann and starts a server which listens to the port 31113.
The openhab binding for viessmann connects as a client to the optolink program.

you mean, if i follow your instruction i can use this kind of adapter directly connected to the GPIO interface?

Viessmann has provided an little Box, which connects to the optolink and the WLAN called “Vitoconnect 100”. It sends Data to the Viessmann cloud. Maybe it’s possible to use this instead of the selfmade optolink adapter?

i know, but i want to do built it self-made. Am i sure with my last post?

@Trainer: As I understood Stefan Andres (the originator of the optolink binding) it is possible and he has it running that way. Through /dev/ttyAMA0 he can directly read the GPIO.
I have a little different solution running: I have this optolink solution and I have modified Stefan´s software that it connects to the URL of the Lantronix LAN-serial adapter.

@muellthos: that should be possible but the disadvantage for me is the Viessmann cloud you have to use. And the technique behind is very different from the optolink integration.

Hi,

Where can I get this optolink-runtime ? Is it anywhere posted as it’s written in the doc, like some optolink-runtime.zip ?
I’ve been searching for it a lot, but there are only source file.

I did build it as described in the readme.