OH2 Z-Wave binding and SCENE_ACTIVATION

Thanks alot for your quick answers, I’ll give it a try.

Tried to do this, with a very minimal OH2 system (just the controller and the Nodon switch), but with excatly the same result. Nodon reports the correct scenes when scanning the DEBUG output, but the rule is never trigged. I have been working on the SNAPSHOT branch

Nodon item config:

Number NODON “My Nodon switch” { channel=“zwave:device:a3d84a1e:node5:scene_number” }

Corresponding rule:

rule "NODONREMOTE"
when
Item NODON changed
then
logInfo(“Remote Nodon”, “TEST”)
end

Using the online interface I get the following output:

openhab> smarthome:items
zwave_device_a3d84a1e_node5_battery_level (Type=NumberItem, State=100, Label=Battery Level, Category=Battery)
zwave_device_a3d84a1e_node5_scene_number (Type=NumberItem, State=2, Label=Scene Number, Category=null)
NODON (Type=NumberItem, State=NULL, Label=My Nodon switch, Category=null)

openhab> smarthome:links
NODON -> zwave:device:a3d84a1e:node5:scene_number
zwave_device_a3d84a1e_node5_battery_level -> zwave:device:a3d84a1e:node5:battery-level
zwave_device_a3d84a1e_node5_scene_number -> zwave:device:a3d84a1e:node5:scene_number

openhab> smarthome:things
zwave:device:a3d84a1e:node5 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Node 5: CWS-3101 Wall Switch, Bridge=zwave:serial_zstick:a3d84a1e)
zwave:serial_zstick:a3d84a1e (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=Z-Wave Serial Controller, Bridge=null)

Any idea of what is wrong?

probably config params or assocications

Thanks again for your quick answer, but still no luck :frowning: The SCENE_ACTIVATION command class is received, but my rule is never trigged.
Maybe it is better to revert to Zwave 1.x for the moment.

Hi,
i’m having the same problem with OH2 and my NODON. I can see the scene_activation in the debug log but it will never trigger the rule
Do you found a solution ?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
No I did not find a solution. I’m currently using a Nexa button as a temporary solution, although with much simpler operations just stepping up and down.
Hopefully a solution will be found in the near future.

very strange … it still works for me …
the only problem is … the range is very SHORT … I guess because the binding currently does not support the mesh network and therefore the remote must be in a direct connection to the controller

but if that is the case I can see the “Scene_Activation” in my log and my rules based on that do work

Thanks for your response…
I can see the “Scene_Activation” in my log too …
Too bad i was trying to change my system and use openhab2… Do you think that it will work with openhab1 ?

Not sure I understand that - the mesh networking is managed by the controller and the binding only sets some static routes (although the controller actually sets the routes).

SCENE_ACTIVATION should work fine in both OH1 and OH2.

Yes, but it doesnt… i’m not the only one to have the problem.
Do you have an idea ? or some tests to make ? i see it in my logs, but the rules do nothing…

I have no information, so sorry, no ideas ;). If you can provide more information such as logs, then I can take a look, but currently all I have is your comment that it doesn’t work, and I can’t offer a suggestion based on no information…

hi @chris
I meant this:
(my network still looks like this - and the remote seems to have a real low range)

I’m not sure if that matters - the mesh itself (I believe) is handled by the controller - the binding doesn’t do anything except to say to the controller “set the route between node 1 and 2” - and this it does .

That said, I hope soon to e able to update this as the new transaction code is working quite well I think, and it solves the problems with the neighbor update calls. Current work is focussing on getting the security working now - once that’s done I will provide an update with all these changes.

Here is a part of my debug log (it’s node 16) :

22:45:41.536 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Message: class=ApplicationCommandHandler[0x04], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=00 10 04 2B 01 28 00
22:45:41.536 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 16: Application Command Request (ALIVE:DONE)
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 16: Starting initialisation from DONE
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event Listener org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer@28ef3e7a already registered
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 16: Incoming command class SCENE_ACTIVATION
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 16: Command class SCENE_ACTIVATION not found, trying to add it.
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 16: Creating new instance of command class SCENE_ACTIVATION
22:45:41.537 [DEBUG] [tocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 16: Command class SCENE_ACTIVATION, endpoint null created
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 16: Adding command class SCENE_ACTIVATION
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [ng.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode] - NODE 16: Adding command class SCENE_ACTIVATION to the list of supported command classes.
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Received Scene Activation for Node ID = 16
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene Activation Set
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [.commandclass.ZWaveBasicCommandClass] - Scene activation node from node 16: Scene 40, Time 0
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:45:41.538 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 16: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
22:45:41.539 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 16: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = SCENE_ACTIVATION, value = 40
22:45:41.539 [DEBUG] [ssage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 3: Transaction not completed: node address inconsistent.  lastSent=3, incoming=255
22:45:41.860 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 08 00 04 00 10 02 84 07 62
22:45:41.860 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_aba1fcb7_serial_sof changed from 2973 to 2974

Here is my item :

Number          I_SAM_Ouest     { channel="zwave:device:aba1fcb7:node16:scene_number" }

and my rules :

rule "Interrupteur_SAM"
when
        Item I_SAM_Ouest received update
then

if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 10) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button1 SingleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 13) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button1 DoubleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 11) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button1 LongClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 20) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button2 SingleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 23) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button2 DoubleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 21) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button2 LongClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 30) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button3 SingleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 33) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button3 DoubleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 31) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button3 LongClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 40) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button4 SingleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 43) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button4 DoubleClick")
        }
        if (I_SAM_Ouest.state == 41) {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button4 LongClick")
        }

end

Thanks !

Can you tell me what the device is - maybe a link to the database would be good so I can see what channels are defined.

It’s a NODON Cozy white wall switch like this one : https://www.amazon.fr/NodOn-CWS-3-1-01-Interrupteur-Mural-Z-Wave/dp/B014E5R7HK
I’m a beginner with openhab so i dont know if it exists in the database…

So the device is this here -:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/294

It’s designed to use the CENTRAL_SCENE class which is more useful than SCENE_ACTIVATION, so you need to configure the device to use this which looks like parameter 3 needs changing.

Ok i changed it, and it works !! thanks a lot !
i have to change my rules with something like this in order to make it work :

if (I_SAM_Ouest.state.toString == "2.0") {
                logInfo("Remote Nodon", "Rule: Button2 SingleClick")
        }

Thanks alot - works like a charm :slight_smile: