OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

@chris

Regarding zipato RGBW lightbulb not making warm white.

Blockquote
It looks like there’s an error in the database. Sorry it’s taken so long to look at this.
There’s an error in the database exporter. This is now fixed and I’ll do an update later that will hopefully solve this.

Did you manage to fix it and if so, do you need to compile a new JAR or will it work with the one on top of this thread?
Cheers!

Gotcha. Again, totally agreed. Logs tell facts. :smiley:

I usually subscribe to that idea too that I’m missing something else, but in this instance it’s the only variable changed, and it did validly apply multiple times. I’ll look into testing it out for you when I get back and supplying some logs for you to compare. Perhaps you’re BE469 will have come and been able to test, and I can provide some alternatives to look at. Since it will be the same lock, hopefully that can help too correlate between your logs, my solo device log, and my prod setup with multiple nodes. Thanks for considering this something to note though. I’ll wait till I have some log proof to share any difference seen.

PS - If anyone will be at BLACKHAT or DEFCON in VEGAS next week, send a message and we can meet up!

1 Like

I updated the database exporter, but I can’t remember if the binding has updated since. I’ll try and do an update tonight.

Cheers
Chris

1 Like

ok. got it working. Need to exclude the device first event I reset the controller

I’ve been having a devil of a time trying to get my Kwikset 914 to securely include and I can’t figure it out. When I include through habmin, it gets through the normal include part and appears to succeed but the debug log says “SECURITY_INCLUSION_FAILED Failed at step SECURITY_NETWORK_KEY_SET: 10000ms passed since last request was sent, secure inclusion failed.” I’m not sure which end is failing though. Looking at the attributes of the controller, everything has a yellow question mark though. Is that normal? I can include the lock securely just fine with other software like Home Assistant, but trying to then start openhab it complains about not being in secure inclusion mode even though the same key was used in both systems. I thought that once the device was securely included into the zwave dongle no matter what the means, as long as the software has the same network key it should work fine. Is that not true? I’m definitely missing something here and I just can’t seem to figure it out

Z-Wave binding version info (just fyi, and data based on the date of this post):

a) “Mainstream” stable: 2.1.0 (without date/time info) (included in openHAB 2.1.0 Stable Release)
b) “Mainstream” Snapshot: 2.2.0.201707122217 (included in openHAB 2.2.0 Snapshot Build #986)
c) Refactored/Development/Security Snapshot: 2.1.0.201707062012 (the one under discussion in this thread)

To find out which version you are currently running

1. Enter in the openHAB console using ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 with password: habopen
  2. Issue the following console command: bundle:list -s |grep -i zwave
    It should display something like (note: the result below is for the “Mainstream” Snapshot, not the development)
openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i zwave
206	|	Active	|	80	|	2.2.0.201707122217	|	ZWave Binding	| org.openhab.binding.zwave

(watch out not to have 2 bundles installed for the Z-Wave :slight_smile:)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that this error message doesn’t come from this version of the binding. Are you sure you are running the development version? If you’re not running the right version of the software then this simply isn’t going to work (no matter how you included the device).

I thought I was, I installed quite a few different versions of things over the weeks trying to get everything to work but I guess I must have grabbed the wrong branch for this one. I uninstalled the existing binding and dropped in the one posted at the top of this thread and no more issues with security after deleting/re-adding all my Things. Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I just got myself confused with all the info here

I’ve updated the binding - let me know if the RGBW is working now.

Thanks, I just tried it and it works great!

Just sent my second donation for 10eur as a thank you for the great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chris, found another thing in the database.
This device:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/632#

In HABmin/development binding it is now listed as 0064:3001:0000:1.0 and unknown device.
In the old binding xml it is described as 0x3001
So so far it is correct.
But in database it is now changed to be 3002.
It should be changed back to 3001 or added as separate device?

I’m not sure when this changed, but I would be surprised if the latest development binding doesn’t show it at 3002 as I did a full resync of the database…

In any case, that doesn’t matter - I suspect that we probably should have both 3001 and 3002 in the database.

Will you grant me rights to duplicate it in your database or will you do it yourself?
Cheers!

Both :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the database and updated your access…

Cheers
Chris

There’s no code change necessary. alarm_number is a special case in the alarm converter. If you just add another DecimalType channel it will provide the event code. I modified the jsondb again and changed the binding type of alarm_general to DecimalType and I now have the event codes coming through and I can see who’s pin unlocked the door. I tried to add a new channel alarm_event but in PaperUI I receive an error trying to link the channel so I resorted to using the existing alarm_general and the error went away.

Which version of the Yale lock do you have? I have a YRD246, but don’t seem to have access to the alarm number channel. I have alarm (access) showing as a switch. My understanding is the alarm (access) channel should be similar/identical, though I could very well be wrong.

Do you happen to know if I should be able to modify the json for this channel instead? Stop binding, edit json, restart binding I’m assuming?

Thanks!
I deleted the thing in HABmin and deleted the xml in zwave folder and then searched for new devices.
My node is however still marked as unknown.
This is the xml generated:

<homeId>0xd90b1add</homeId>
  <nodeId>5</nodeId>
  <version>3</version>
  <manufacturer>0x64</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x0</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x3001</deviceType>

And to my eyes it looks like it should fetch the correct database entry but it doesn’t.
Is there somewhere else I should delete something zwave related (temp file maybe)?

Sorry, but I’ve not produced a new binding since this was changed yesterday, so you’re still running the old binding unless you compiled your own version?

doh!
Need a cup of coffee :wink:
I’ll wait for the next time you update the binding, its only 1 lamp I cannot control so no biggie.
Cheers and thanks again!

Incidentally, my fibaro RGBW had been working fine, but stopped working with the latest version. Deleting the Thing, deleting the xml file and then re-adding fixed it.

Incidentally, my zwave folder has some files like “node40.xml” and some like “network_c10458a8__node_39.xml”, with some nodes showing up in both formats. Is that a problem and, if so, what should I do?

thanks!

Dan