OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Ok, here is full log. From OH start, check node 6 and 12. https://anonfile.com/ZfP5xff0b4/openhab.log

I don’t think this is the right log…

Well I just restored to OH 2.2 with working Z-wave binding, enabled debug, confirmed that leviton devices work and uploaded logs. Why it is not right ?

Sorry - so this is a NEW log, not the ones provided earlier?

I was expecting the one that you posted earlier, but if you’ve posted a new one that’s fine as well.

My bad, yes this is new log from today.

It looks to be the same as the new binding -:

Ok, then I don’t know why it works with 2.2 and doesn’t with 2.3. I am gonna do one more test, I’ll setup new OH 2.3 and try, if it doesn’t work I’ll give up. My options will be 1. replace dimmers 2. go back to 2.2 and don’t use security features and lock. 3. Test HomeAssistant (less likely).

I thought that this log was from 2.2? You said -:

But this log shows that the same issue exists in 2.2. This isn’t really a surprise since it’s what everyone else has seen.

Correct this log from 2.2. And using 2.2 I get immediate updates from dimmers. So may be that “busy” issue is not issue, could be something else.

Ok, I think I know what the issue is. In the old binding, command classes were added if a command was received and the class wasn’t known. In the new binding, that was changed to avoid issues with corrupt data generating incorrect classes.

These devices are not reporting that they support a certain command class, and this means that there is no repoll.

@5iver I may reconsider this issue and add unknown classes as that change is causing quite a few problems… :frowning:

@r27 an you remind me again what these two devices are and I’ll update the database.

Ok, I this proves that I am not crazy :slight_smile: I don’t know how it works for @5iver, but I just setup fresh new OH, used Zwave 2.4 add-on that he shared with me. Node was initialized but updates don’t work.
We are talking about DZMX1-1LZ devices. *both devices DZMX1-1LZ

Ok, please try the latest version.

many thanks for this. Small bug - when starting up I get:

2018-07-22 13:20:58.063 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:512' to inbox. 

when I already have a zstick Thing. Otherwise working fine (so far!)

From first post ?

This is a “feature” of the new USB search feature - not so much I can do about this at the moment, but it’s not new either…

Yes.

@chris
Good news - initializing works now. I deleted and added thing back and can control it.
Bad news - still no ON/OFF updates from device. I see updates if I adjust brightness manually (pushing buttons on actual switch).

Please provide the log showing the device initialisation and the manual state update.

https://anonfile.com/a1V4x1fcba/openhab.log

Steps: deleted thing (node6)> enabled debug > shutdown OH > clean logs> start OH > add thing (node6) > turn on/off using UI > physical ON/OFF > physical brightness > shutdown OH .