OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

You’re the best!
This is what a node with an already configured association looks like ( just a X). Is something is going wrong when fetching the list of nodes in the network?

I’m not 100% sure what’s happening - there’s a method I use to see if an endpoint has any “controllable” classes. ie rather than just listing every endpoint even when an endpoint might not be configurable, I check to see what it supports - it looks like this has stopped working.

I’ve recoded it and it’s working now I think so I’ll create an update shortly (just finishing adding a test for this).

Ok - I’ve updated the binding - let me know if it’s working better now

It’s working!:+1:

Cool - thanks.

Perhaps this binding is a perfect candidate @chris ?! :wink:

Yes - I agree. I’ll take a look at this over the weekend.

Unfortunately also with the latest version of the test binding this problem still exists. When I only enable the item

Number Wohnung_Stromzaehler_Energy "Verbrauch Gesamt Wohnung" <energy> {channel = "zwave:device:b05631f0:node6:meter_kwh"}

then I get very reliable an update every 5 minutes via the poll mechanism.

When I enable both items

Number Wohnung_Stromzaehler_Energy "Verbrauch Gesamt Wohnung" <energy> {channel = "zwave:device:b05631f0:node6:meter_kwh"}
Number Wohnung_Stromzaehler_Battery "Batterie Level StromzÀhler [%d %%]" <battery> (Batteriestatus) {channel = "zwave:device:b05631f0:node6:battery-level"}

only the battery-level is being updated every 5 minutes. But the meter_kwh is not being updated most of the time. As mentioned before with the same setup the 2.0.0 binding updated the values every time.

@chris: I will send you a debug log.

Regards,

André

This suggests that your problem is probably related to associations. Please make sure any debug log includes the setting of associations.

I just moved over to the test version of the binding. I was just setting up a new rule to sync dimmer levels across switches and see that the binding doesn’t seem to be reporting the dimmer level back to OH.

I’m using a Cooper R9540-N. It’s associated back to the controller. If I change the dim level through the BasicUI, the light changes and the dimmer value is correctly reflected in OH. If I set the dim level manually through the switch, OH doesn’t reflect the new dimmer level. If I turn the switch manually off, it does update that in OH.

Let me know if you want me to pull a debug log as well.

I don’t think anything has changed, but if you have a log I’ll take a look.

Changed from an earlier version of the test binding or from the main branch?

Are the debug logs not working? I just changed to Debug to test and got no entries.

openhab> log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab> log:list
Logger                                                      | Level
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ROOT                                                        | WARN
javax.jmdns                                                 | ERROR
org.apache.aries.spifly                                     | ERROR
org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl                | ERROR
org.eclipse.smarthome                                       | INFO
org.jupnp                                                   | ERROR
org.openhab                                                 | INFO
org.openhab.binding.ZWave                                   | DEBUG
org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerWrapper | ERROR
smarthome.event                                             | INFO
smarthome.event.InboxUpdatedEvent                           | ERROR
smarthome.event.ItemAddedEvent                              | ERROR
smarthome.event.ItemRemovedEvent                            | ERROR
smarthome.event.ItemStateEvent                              | ERROR
smarthome.event.ThingStatusInfoEvent                        | ERROR

Here is what I got from the Event.log. Actions were:

• Turned on from BasicUI

• Turned off from BasicUI

• Turned on from Switch

• Changed dim level to 100% from Switch

• Turned off from Switch

17-03-11 12:41:32.752 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Dining_Main’ received command 55
    2017-03-11 12:41:32.772 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Dining_Lights changed from OFF to ON through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:32.791 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Light_GF_Dining_Main changed from 0 to 55
    2017-03-11 12:41:32.792 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Lights changed from OFF to ON through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:32.941 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Dining_Main’ received command 55
    2017-03-11 12:41:39.025 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Dining_Main’ received command 0
    2017-03-11 12:41:39.037 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Lights changed from ON to OFF through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:39.041 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Dining_Lights changed from ON to OFF through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:39.052 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Light_GF_Dining_Main changed from 55 to 0
    2017-03-11 12:41:39.220 [ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Light_GF_Dining_Main’ received command 0
    2017-03-11 12:41:45.620 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Lights changed from OFF to ON through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:45.623 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Light_GF_Dining_Main changed from 0 to 55
    2017-03-11 12:41:45.625 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Dining_Lights changed from OFF to ON through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:50.017 [ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Light_GF_Dining_Main changed from 55 to 0
    2017-03-11 12:41:50.018 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Lights changed from ON to OFF through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:41:50.023 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Dining_Lights changed from ON to OFF through Light_GF_Dining_Main
    2017-03-11 12:42:00.004 [ChannelTriggeredEvent ] - astro:sun:local:plus30:noon#event triggered END

I mean no recent changes that should impact this within this branch

I just installed the test binding a couple of days ago so don’t have a history to compare to.

As far as I know, it’s fine - certainly fine here.

Isn’t this case sensitie? I’m usually using “org.openhab.binding.zwave” here and it works fine. Tried your version (uppercase ZW) now and it doesn’t work.

I’ll try again, I thought I had tried both ways before. Thanks.

Actually, I double checked and I had used lower case, the list back reported it uppercase:

Yep. Seems like the log:set command actually IS case insensitive even though the logging isn’t :slight_smile: Try setting it to default first (log:set default org.openhab.binding.ZWave) and then set it to debug with the correct casing (log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zwave).

That did it, thanks!!

@chris Here is the debug log associated with turning on the switch (Node 3), changing the dimmer value to ~50% and turning off the switch. Let me know if you want me to run more tests or if I didn’t get all of the relevant section. Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B77VHtwPft8eYWxzWFdFYS0td0U