OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

It’s really hard to tell - you’ve only provide 6 milliseconds of logging and there’s nothing really wrong here in itself. It needs more context to understand what is happening, so please provide a minute or so of the log from prior to this.

Did you also bring the controller up the ladder ?
I have just had to move mine really close to my door lock to get that securely included.
Routing, “network wide” inclusion they all don’t seem to work with secure inclusion.
Someone a couple of posts up posted this hint, and I can confirm.

Maybe this is necessary for old locks that may use low power mode for inclusion, but this is definitely not the recommendation these days. Most devices should use high power inclusion (note that network wide inclusion is another issue again) and you should be able to include most devices up to 10 to 15 meters away (ie within standard, but direct range of the controller).

As I say though, some devices may not respect this - I think in the past the recommendation from ZWA was to use low power inclusion for locks, but it’s not the case now.

@chris Is there anyway to force a wakeup from a battery device (except for opening the device/push its button).
I just installed the snapshot build from the 18th august. All my battery devices were rediscovered, but unknown… I suspect this is due to they´re not wake.

A shot side matter on the upgrade…
When I removed the 2.3.0 Z-wave binding via PaperUI, I suddenly got tons of Zigbee errors… is there a connection somewhere??

No - if a device is asleep, then it can only wake up by itself. Either by pressing the button, or through the regular timer.

Probably - you need to wait for them to wake up, or manually wake them up.

No - there’s no link at all (other than the serial driver of course, but that’s not related to the binding).

When i restart openhab the following IllegalMonitorStateException is shown. I’m not sure when this exception first occured and what the cause is, using 2018-08-20 binding version.

2018-08-22 22:08:15.130 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
2018-08-22 22:08:15.189 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2018-08-22 22:08:54.374 [INFO ] [ui.habmin.internal.servlet.HABminApp] - Started HABmin servlet at /habmin
2018-08-22 22:15:45.388 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Stopped Basic UI
2018-08-22 22:15:57.508 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Stopped ZWave serial handler
2018-08-22 22:15:57.520 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.dispose()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler@3759ed': null
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: null
	at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.shutdown(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:207) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.shutdown(ZWaveController.java:118) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.dispose(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:247) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.dispose(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:133) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor141.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201808211930]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201808211930]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-08-22 22:15:57.541 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while disposing handler of thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:512': null
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: null
	at java.lang.Object.notify(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager.shutdown(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:207) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.shutdown(ZWaveController.java:118) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler.dispose(ZWaveControllerHandler.java:247) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.dispose(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:133) [180:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808200952]
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor141.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201808211930]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201808211930]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-08-22 22:15:59.522 [INFO ] [ui.habmin.internal.servlet.HABminApp] - Stopped HABmin servlet
2018-08-22 22:16:03.148 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Stopped Paper UI
2018-08-22 22:16:03.186 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Stopped HABPanel
2018-08-22 22:16:03.218 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Stopped Dashboard

Hmm. After updating to the snapshot binding, I have a problem with a Vision PIR (model ZP3102).
I can not get it to report Alarm. Binary works fine though…

In the settings under wakeup configuration, I can not choose Controller (or OpenHab). I can however choose Node 1 (or any other number). Is Node 1 equal to OpenHab?
Under associate I can choose Controller, which I believe is correct, right?

Node 1 in a standard setup should be the zwave controller.

I am a bit confused here.
For the ZP3102 Vision Motion and temperatur sensor. I´m not able to choose OpenHab.
EDIT - Correction, I can choose Controller or Node under Association. I can not choose OpenHab.

See screenshot:

It appears to be added, but it is incomplete. I added comments to the device, but I am unable to edit it. It is identical to DZ6HD just the wattage is different. Is there any way to force the device to use the same profile?

I can not get the Alarm channel to trigger for both my zwave sensors. They worked fine with binding 2.3.0. After updating to latest snapshot, Alarm channel no longer trigger. Binary channel works fine though.
This applies to Vision PIR ZP3102 as well as Neo Coolcam (the one without temperature sensor).

That is fine. you need to choose your controller, in a standard setup that is node 1 or sometimes it is called “Controller”. That means your devices are reporting to the controller connected to openHAB.

Which one? The snapshot or the development version on top of this thread? If the latter, you need to delete your things and readd them. Some channels may have changed, so please check if you have to change your items (linked to channels of your things) too.

Yes, you are. Just follow the guide and email Chris:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

To use the database you must first register on the site, then email, or open a ticket to have your access updated to allow you to edit the information.

That is a lot faster than to wait for someone doing it for you :grinning:

Edit: Btw, if this is your problem

you may need to switch to a recent snapshot or development version of the zwave binding.

I saw this once after upgrading to a recent dev snapshot and the binding restarted by itself and the error was gone.
After deleting content of tmp and cache folders I did not see that error again.

It’s the exact same error as was reported by @Lolodomo and me just a few posts above, so I guess we ought to try this as well. What folders are that? /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache?

Yes. But don’t delete the folders, just the content. :grinning:
Also note that you maybe have to reinstall the serial transport through karaf again.

As I suspect this will affect other stuff than just this binding, do I need to stop entire OH first?

Yes.

That’s how I did it so it can’t be completely wrong :rofl:

The one in the top of the thread. Download yesterday. I believe it said from the 18th of August.

I did:

1. Uninstalled the stable 2.3.0 binding.
    (after this all my Things as well as the controller went offline ofcouse)

2. Copied the development binding to my addons folder.
    (after this, all my Things were rediscovered in PaperUI, but had new names, including my controller. My battery devices were discovered as Unknown, untill I woke them up, then they were discovered fine again).

3. Changed my items files (channels) according to newly discovered controller.
    (this means that the exact same channels should be working again, just as they did before updating the binding).

4. Everything is working, except for my two Zwave PIRs (battery). The binary channel is triggering fine, but the Alarm channel does NOT trigger anymore.

5. I even tried rebooting my Rpi. No success for the Alarm triggering.

I wonder if this is due to the devices not beeing secure included. It would make somekind of sense to me, since it´s the Alarm channels not working, but the Binary channel working fine?
My AeoTec Multisensor 6 has Binary and Alarm channels as well. Both are working fine on this device. But it´s USB powered and not running battery.
My Vision ZG8101 (garageport sensor) has an Binary and Alarm channel as well. It seems like both are triggering fine on this device. It´s a battery device.

So I really got no idea any more, why my two zwave PIRs wont trigger the Alarm channel. When other channels on the same devices are working just fine.