OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

This is probably off topic, but I had several devices that never could complete an inclusion to an Aeon Labs stick. It was totally driving me crazy. Just by accident, when trying “zensys tools” i realised that there were “ghost devices” for the nodes that could not complete the inclusion. I removed them using the zensys tools - and inclusion immidiately worked.

@chris

Are there instructions to compile the security version of the binding myself? I have a hack change in place to make some of my other devices (CT101 Iris TStat) work. If I use the pre-compiled jar I gain my garage door controller and lose my two thermostats - so I’d like to be able to patch then compile myself to bring it all together.

Thanks,

Walter

Can you post the openhab and bindings version you are running?

Openhab is latest snapshot from last week, zwave binding is a fork of master I hacked and complied on Saturday.

I’m not in front of my laptop atm but I would imagine the instructions would be more general. I sort of expected maybe a different git repo to clone??

It is in the development branch…

Latest binding from this thread (November 2017) and openhab version says 4.1.2.

That is your Karaf version. Your OH version can be found at the bottom of the dashboard, or at the top of the Karaf console when OH starts.

Alright, I’m running this one now: 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1088.

However I might have done an apt-get upgrade since I saved the log above. That version might have been a couple months old.

If you want to run the security enabled version, you need to use the version that is linked in the very first post of this thread.

This was my openHab version. Running the threads version from Nov 12.

I’m not sure if I should start a another thread, contribute to the one that exists for my device or ask here so I’m going to drop it here and if it needs to go elsewhere I’ll appeal to the mods for mercy :slight_smile:

I’m trying to get a Linear GD00Z-4 working with the secure binding.

Tasks completed:

2.2.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1082
Downloaded security test jar in 1st post: 2.2.0.201711192127 │ ZWave Binding
Uninstalled old binding.
Installed new binding.
Started new binding.
Cleared Z-Stick.
Set ZStick on top of device, put in inclusion mode, added device.
In paper, search, find and add as thing.

JSON result from REST http://localhost:8080/rest/things/zwave:device:de50aa71:node2, noting z_wave_secure is false:

{"statusInfo":{"status":"ONLINE","statusDetail":"NONE"},"editable":true,"label":"Z-Wave Node 2: NGD00Z-4 Garage Door Controller","bridgeUID":"zwave:serial_zstick:de50aa71","configuration":{"node_id":2},"properties":{"zwave_class_basic":"BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE","zwave_class_generic":"GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL","zwave_frequent":"false","zwave_neighbours":"1","zwave_version":"0.0","zwave_listening":"true","zwave_plus_devicetype":"NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE","zwave_deviceid":"13616","zwave_nodeid":"2","zwave_routing":"true","zwave_plus_roletype":"ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON","zwave_beaming":"true","zwave_secure":"false","zwave_class_specific":"SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_BARRIER_ADDON","zwave_manufacturer":"335","zwave_devicetype":"18244"},"UID":"zwave:device:de50aa71:node2","thingTypeUID":"zwave:linear_ngd00z4_00_000","channels":[{"linkedItems":["zwave_device_de50aa71_node2_barrier_state"],"uid":"zwave:device:de50aa71:node2:barrier_state","id":"barrier_state","channelTypeUID":"zwave:barrier_state","itemType":"Number","kind":"STATE","label":"Barrier State","description":"Indicates the state of the barrier","defaultTags":[],"properties":{"binding:*:DecimalType":"COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR"},"configuration":{}}]}

door_controller_GD00Z-4

It looks like there is a database entry for the same unit sold as a Nutone NGD00Z-4 but shown as a Linear.

In my log I can see it testing, looking for the device as:

2017-11-22 11:45:37.808 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:linear_lb60z1_00_000
2017-11-22 11:45:37.808 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:linear_ngd00z4_00_000
2017-11-22 11:45:37.809 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Checking zwave:linear_ngd00z4_00_000
2017-11-22 11:45:37.816 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Handler disposed. Unregistering listener.

My general question is how do I get this thing to work in secure mode so I can operate the door? It is included and working in non-secure mode and I have one item for barrier but even if I try to set the association group to openHAB Controller I get HTTP PUT errors from an NPE so something is not right. I expected to include it as a thing using the new binding and have it magically work. Does it need to be added to the database? Did I screw up the init process?

EDIT: I also tried inclusion mode to add it via Paper - it worked but the result was the same. No secure mode.

Are you triggering the inclusion via Paper or HABmin, or including with the Z-Stick then plugging the Z-Stick into OpenHAB? How many nodes do you have in your network? Any others that have securely been included?

Thank you so much for such a quic

sorry I did not have chance yday to test it. now back home, all on it. no luck so far. at least I feel so special:D
here is the log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k4xjiv9duvr342/Node11.7z?dl=0
Associations were not added :frowning: adding them manually, adding link - triggers a log change when fgbs fires, but no item updates :frowning:

I have tried both methods of inclusion with the same results. It works, but the JSON result from the REST api above remains unchanged either way. My other nodes all work but I cleared the stick and started from scratch until this one works. So, there is only one node for now. It is my first secure type device.

You must include via PaperUI or HABmin - not via the stick. Clearly it has included, but it’s not included securely - you must exclude the device and start again.

Please don’t add them manually. The association was set during the initialisation, but you then reprogrammed it back to the old configuration :frowning: .

omg, I was too quick checknig them in UI? or they were not supposed to show up on ui? okkk,let me do another try

I have done that several times to no avail. I’ve reset the stick and tried this many times. I have started over from scratch. I have the stick plugged into my linux box, with the device touching it and using paper to search - it finds it but never sets the security property to true and I only see one channel. Repeating the process as I understand it will lead to the same result. I have tried to be very meticulous but either I have done something wrong or the device has some incompatibility.

Would it help for me to include the log for the entire process or upload the node.xml?

I’m guessing the entire log will be helpful for @chris. I have two of the exact same devices and I have them working in my setup, so I doubt they are incompatible. Have you validated you have a network security key set, you are in Network Wide Inclusion mode (this is what has worked for me, but may not be required), and that the binding is set to use security for entry devices?

I’m not sure at the moment - I need to check this as it might be different now. For now, please don’t change it :wink: